PDA

View Full Version : I call a raise with KQ for once and regret it...

mbman
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Villain is 21/19/3 and seems to be a fairly good player from what I have seen. I saw him play a 99 a little too hard earlier though, but apart from that, I haven't seen him show down any hands as far as I can remember.

My image is probably fairly tight, haven't been in many pots.

I usually donīt call raises with KQ, but since I was soooooted and villain had been raising a bit, I decided to make a call with position.

Villains very strong bet on the flop made me a bit sucipicious, but I decided to call and fold to a substantial turn bet.

Turn is a decent card and villain checks, which leds me to think I probably have the best hand. However, I donīt think there is too much value in betting here against a good player, he wonīt pay me off. But still, some possible draws out there, so I decided to make a 2/3 pot bet. Villain calls, which puzzles me. Could he be taken the pot-control route with AK? Or does he have FD? 77?

River is obviously not a good card for me, FD hits and 77 hits. However, I suppose he could be scared of that card too, since FD isnīt unlikely for me to have. Still he leds out for a decent sized bet, looks like a valuebet to me. I decide I canīt really see him doing that with anything that I have beat, and I really havenīt shown any real weakness in the hand. I fold.

Thoughts?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $81.45
MP: $191.30
Hero (BTN): $169.85
SB: $38.15
BB: $52.8

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.5, 5 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $3.50</font>, Hero calls $3.50, SB folds, BB calls $2.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($11, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $11</font>, Hero calls $11, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif [9/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($33, 2 players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, MP calls $20

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif [5/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($73, 2 players)
<font color="red">MP bets $35</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $35 returned to MP

Osprey
01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
You're beating essentially a naked bluff, I think the fold is good.

deaders
01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Preflop is fine. Your line is fine, but bet more on the turn.

BobAllinSki
01-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I quiet like raising the flop, if he re-raises easy fold. Then check the turn, if he donks he likely has a made hand with a better kicker so you can fold. If the river is a club he will likely check his AK etc as you have advertised flush draw, if he bets a reasonable amount you have a fairly straight forward fold. if the river is a non club and you face a reasonable bet you can call with a much better chance of been good as his busted draws are also now in his betting range.

Abramovic
01-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I like a 3bet preflop.

Post flop line looks fine.

The White Rabbit
01-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Bob, a raise/fold on the flop is really ugly.

OP, I think folding KQs against a CO open is really terrible. I think you played it fine.

wildzer0
01-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Preflop is ok. I don't make it a habit to call raises with KQs, but stacks are reasonably deep and CO is raising a wide range.Your postflop line looks pretty standard to me, but I'd rather bet 26-29 on the turn.