PDA

View Full Version : Anyway not to lose my stack here?

NL__Fool
01-07-2007, 02:59 AM
How often is this KQ? Or how often am I already beat on the flop?

No reads

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($71.85)
MP2 ($113.80)
CO ($16.50)
Button ($69.60)
SB ($94.40)
BB ($28.25)
UTG ($62.95)
Hero ($110.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($11.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $65</font>, UTG calls $37.95 (All-In).

Turn: ($134.45) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($134.45) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $134.45

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 8s 8h (full house, eights full of queens).
Hero has As Kc (two pair, kings and queens).
Outcome: UTG wins $127.40. Hero wins $7.04. </font>

Ness3
01-07-2007, 03:01 AM
full ring versus a decent player, i would say rarely is this KQ.

ness

AKQJ10
01-07-2007, 04:11 AM
So to a check-raise by a decent player, do you fold or check-call (which loses a stack anyway)?

Not disputing what you said by the way. Most players see check-raising as a very very strong move, and you're representing exactly what you have. Only a maniac like me would check-raise someone here as a bluff or with KQ.

terp
01-07-2007, 04:13 AM
full ring + limp/call + c/r = TPTK probably not good

turtlestar
01-07-2007, 04:41 AM
The line in question is the flop line. Let's say nevermind this sick turn card, which probably makes the turn a call anyway.

Against a decent player, a C/R on a flop like this is either a set, a combo draw, or air. Calling the flop is reasonable. I don't think to many B/F on this flop. But I think the 3-bet is bad. Villain's C/R represents a set. It doesn't mean it always is, but he is announcing he can beat AK.

I like flat calling the flop and evaluating the turn. If the turn is a blank, we should be able to find a fold because villain is prob. not limping and calling a raise UTG with 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in FR. I'm not saying I don't get it in on the turn if the turn is something like 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but I know I have many leaks in my game.

NL__Fool
01-07-2007, 04:51 AM
I played this hand badly. Looking at it now I see that.

He limped UTG, I rasied to 5x the BB and he called it and then he check raised the flop on a somehat dry board.

For some reason I had KQ stuck in my head and I should have discounted it pretty easily after he called the preflop raise. This screamed PP

I would have saved myself some cash If I had just called the flop chekaisese because as soon as the Q hit I knew I was dead.

The KQ and the flush draw just fell on the turn and it would have been a super easy fold for me.

I think part of the problem I am having at NL is overvaluing TPTK hands or Overpair hands because in limit they are strong hands and you get paid off a lot by weaker ones.

In NL you are not getting payed off by weaker hands like MP or BP nearly as much if at all because the bets are so big compared to limit,

But you guys know this already:

Waingro
01-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Villain is sitting there with 62 bbs. If he limp/calls with a medium pp utg so short he is not decent so he could very well have KQ or a naked draw here. Getting it all in on the flop seems perfectly fine.