PDA

View Full Version : Annoying KK hand vs bad LAG

aislephive
01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Villain is something like 38/19, really awful though. Calls with stuff like A2o in the blinds to a raise, etc. Makes a ton of retarded plays in general. I think I effed this one up, need some better lines plz.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Hero ($200)
Button ($45.55)
SB ($380.92)
BB ($596.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7.58</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $6.58, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($17.16) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12.48</font>, SB calls $12.48.

Turn: ($42.12) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $42</font>, Hero calls $42.

River: ($126.12) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $52</font>, Hero calls $52.

Final Pot: $230.12

Claunchy
01-07-2007, 02:37 AM
The only debatable street is the turn as I see it. I guess you could raise there.

This really doesn't seem bad to me.

Slight hijack: Why do you bet crazy amounts? Is it a metagame thing or do you just like using the slider?

BDaws
01-07-2007, 02:55 AM
Looks fine to me. Where do you want to change your line?

I don't really like a turn raise after he showed strength betting full pot and your hand is too strong to fold so a call seems to be in order.

On the river, there isn't any value in a raise and I think you are getting too good of odds to fold, although I do pay off a tad too much. Everything seems fine.

aislephive
01-07-2007, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only debatable street is the turn as I see it. I guess you could raise there.

This really doesn't seem bad to me.

Slight hijack: Why do you bet crazy amounts? Is it a metagame thing or do you just like using the slider?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, people keep asking me this. My bet pot script is customized so it bets wierd amounts like that. And yes it's for metagame, I think it helps me get paid more often in general since wierd numbers are always bluffs, obv.

aislephive
01-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Bump.

terp
01-07-2007, 06:09 AM
nothing really to critique, i like how you played it

aislephive
01-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Hmm, well he flipped up T8o and I kind of regretted my river call. In all honesty I didn't feel too comfortable calling the turn but folding felt too weak against this guy.

Austiger
01-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Fold the turn.

Al_Money
01-07-2007, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is something like 38/19, really awful though. Calls with stuff like A2o in the blinds to a raise, etc. Makes a ton of retarded plays in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I like your line AP, I play it the same vs. this kind of opponent.

Austiger
01-07-2007, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this. I like your line AP, I play it the same vs. this kind of opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's making a thread right now about OP saying "I just stacked his KK b/c he couldn't fold on a T982 board when I led the turn for $42 with 2 pair." Folding here is what separates us from him. You stack him when you're the one with 2 pair and he can't fold KK, not the other way around. Just my .02.

Al_Money
01-07-2007, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's making a thread right now about OP saying "I just stacked his KK b/c he couldn't fold on a T982 board when I led the turn for $42 with 2 pair." Folding here is what separates us from him. You stack him when you're the one with 2 pair and he can't fold KK, not the other way around. Just my .02.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read the OP? Villain is very bad. He will lead this turn with all sorts of garbage. Folding turn vs. this guy is weak. If he bet big on the river, I would have to give him credit and fold, but he bet way too small so we def. have to call.

catalyst
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
What kind of aggression #s does villain show? You mentioned he calls light, but does he bluff or overbet with weak hands often? Potting the turn would certainly give me some concern here. I don't think a fold is bad

DMoogle
01-07-2007, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really like a turn raise after he showed strength betting full pot and your hand is too strong to fold so a call seems to be in order.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is bad poker. Calling here is allowing villian to play his hand *perfectly*. If he's behind, he's CERTAINLY got outs (which, by calling, you're giving him free cards), and you only have enough in your stack for the pot-sized bet that you'll usually have to face on the river. If you were planning on calling the PSB or near-PSB on the river, then you're better off getting your money in on the turn. If you weren't planning on calling that bet, then you were better off folding the turn.

As played, I think a fold might be in order on the turn. Big pots are for big hands, and we have a relatively weak hand. When we're behind, we've got at or between zero and five outs, and when villian's behind, he isn't as substantial an underdog as WE are when WE'RE behind.

I think the only time calling is correct is when we have a read that villian gives up all but the made hands he has on the river, which clearly isn't the case. If it was, then calling the river bet was a mistake.

As a side note, I would've made a larger continuation bet for value.

2Paul2
01-07-2007, 01:35 PM
I would bet more on flop v a bad player. Against this villain I think your looking to play a big pot w/ KK when that flop comes out and obv the more you bet on the flop the more you can get in on turn and river. I'm kinda nitpicking and if you felt a smaller bet v this villain on this board would often get a bluff raise(or light raise) then thats obv fine.

Other than that small nitpick I don't rly see how you can play it diff. on any street. You can't fold turn and I don't rly like raise either because it looks like a nuts/nothing bet. River is a bit thin but if villain is aggro/dumb then it's alright imo.

Paul