PDA

View Full Version : 75s flops 2pr, [censored] cards ensue

gimmetheloot
01-06-2007, 11:31 PM
gotta do this one from memory.

Hero ~110
Villain has about same.
I am playing some tagalag typeish game, villain is 'meh' (hasnt done anything really bad, but I certainly dont respect his game.)

Hero is BB w/ 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG limps, Hijack limps, co folds, button raises to 4, hero calls, UTG folds, HJ calls.

Flop (12) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero leads for 10, HJ folds, BTN calls.

turn (32) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

hero leads 26, btn calls

river(84) T/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero..... (~65 left)

edits: fixed a couple mistakes.

pr0crast
01-06-2007, 11:38 PM
No point in betting here; you have nice showdown value, he is likely to check behind, and he is unlikely to call a third bet with a hand worse than yours. C/F is my choice.

epdaws
01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I'll c/c this river all day. Not going to fold, but betting is probably a little much for any worse hand to call, considering previous action.

pr0crast
01-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Villain called flop and turn bets on a relatively scary board. I give him credit for at least top pair (a hand like A7 or JJ). I think it's pretty safe to say that villain doesn't have complete air here. Thus, why would villain bet the river unless he had a made hand? He would be turning his moderate strength hand with some showdown value into a complete bluff. For him to bet at you on that river with a worse hand, he would have to know that he was behind and that the only way for him to win would be to bluff you off of it. He would have to have been planning a delayed river bluff. So I take his river bet to be either a value bet or a bluff, and I think a bluff is unlikely given the action and the board. Thus I prefer the C/F.

I wouldn't be surprised if my logic is flawed, so please do tear it apart if you can.