PDA

View Full Version : [17/12,6/5,8] How can I improve ?

13_Xerxes
01-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi, I am a very tight player on SH. That's my stats on my last 5000 hands. My vol. put $ in pot is only 17,1%, with a 12,6% PFR.
My aggr. factors are : 8,0 on the flop ; 3,5 on the turn and 3,4 on river.

So my questions are :

- I'm very aggressif (that's good when I flop a set or a flush), but I lose a lot a small pots : I raise PF in CO or bouton, flop nothing, I make a CB, get called or raised, then I must give up the hand /images/graemlins/mad.gif
How avoid that ? Make more 2 barrels ? Check more often the flop ?

- I raise a maximum of hands, but I find 12,6% is too small. What kind of hands can I raise ? I raise KQo+, AJo+, A9s+, any PP UTG ; I raise suited connectors on CO position ; and a lot of hands on bouton (K9o, A3o, Q8s,...).
I don't understand how good TAGs can raise 18% of their hands /images/graemlins/confused.gif

So, because of I come from full ring (I just moved on SH in december) I would like some remarks and criticals to improve my game, thanks a lot.

PartysOver
01-06-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm being 100% serious here,

Try only calling <2 or 3% of pre flop raises. It's a stat you can see with PAHud, not sure where it is in PT

Also, these are a lot more minor
1) watch your position (this goes along with my first and more important bit of advice)
2) table select better
3) be more likely to tangle with the bad players at your table

/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Casper05
01-06-2007, 11:21 PM
ughhhhhh these posts are getting tired. Post hands.

13_Xerxes
01-06-2007, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ughhhhhh these posts are getting tired. Post hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry, but that is a question about my general style, not about a specific hand ;-)

gimmetheloot
01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
AYCHAHCHYAYHCYHCAYHCCAYCYHA. If you dont like your style, EXPERIMENT.

Party, cold calling raises, is FINE.

OP: Raise more hands, there. Thats all we can tell you.

Ketelsen
01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Im having the same problems as you. very often when i c-bet after raising pf i get called and then dont know what to do on turn as it can be very hard to tell if he is on a draw or have a hand like set or TP...
I started to 2nd barrel alot more the last weeks noticing that many players will call my c-bets with bottompair and crap like that but are folding very often to 2nd barrels...
The problem, though, happen when they call your 2nd barrels as it can become pretty expensive...

SpecT
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
3bet more in pos.

PartysOver
01-07-2007, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear some opinions about this.

All I'm saying is that you have a very clear advantage when you are the aggressor. If you are calling raises out of position or in early/middle position you are setting yourself up for some very hard decisions later in hands. I think this would be a good start. It's obvious something is wrong with his play currently.

This worked wonders for me when I got the advice

Take it or leave it, but you have to acknowledge that you have a big disadvantage when you have to react to someone's c-bet a lot of flops. This really eliminates it. Add in keeping in mind your position and I think this fixes a lot of leakes.

OP: just curious, what positions are you losing money in? This should give you a great place to start patching up holes

gimmetheloot
01-07-2007, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear some opinions about this.

All I'm saying is that you have a very clear advantage when you are the aggressor. If you are calling raises out of position or in early/middle position you are setting yourself up for some very hard decisions later in hands. I think this would be a good start. It's obvious something is wrong with his play currently.

This worked wonders for me when I got the advice

Take it or leave it, but you have to acknowledge that you have a big disadvantage when you have to react to someone's c-bet a lot of flops. This really eliminates it. Add in keeping in mind your position and I think this fixes a lot of leakes.

OP: just curious, what positions are you losing money in? This should give you a great place to start patching up holes

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I dont like cold calling raises much OOP. In position thought, is an entirely different beast, and cold calling, IMO, should be done quite frequently, with a number of hands.

CharlieDontSurf
01-07-2007, 02:31 AM
are u cbetting guys that have a low % of folds 2 cbet?

13_Xerxes
01-07-2007, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
are u cbetting guys that have a low % of folds 2 cbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sure, I make 75% of CB, almost always when I am HU...

PartysOver
01-07-2007, 02:56 AM
Do you have PAhud???

you don't seem to know some of the terms from that program. There are stats in there that tell you what percentage of times people fold when you c-bet against them. This is very useful and can change things dramatically for you

13_Xerxes
01-07-2007, 02:59 AM
I use PT when I play on PS.

PartysOver
01-07-2007, 03:01 AM
PA hud looks like an overlay that shows you their stats. it's full name is Poker Ace Heads Up Display

it's $25 and worth a lot lot lot more

Look into it

matrix
01-07-2007, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is true, I dont like cold calling raises much OOP. In position thought, is an entirely different beast, and cold calling, IMO, should be done quite frequently, with a number of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

LP Donk opens 4BB in MP, CO folds Hero is OTB.

What hands do you cold call with? and why is callng with these hands better than raising?

natzucowww
01-07-2007, 03:09 AM
you can try dropping a level and trying some stuff you don't do cause you're a tightwad /images/graemlins/smile.gif float people, raise suited connectors in position or oop, c/r w/ air when someone looks weak, loosen up basically. then when ppl make these moves at you you might be able to snap em off better. experiment with firing two barrels. raising a hand like 46s catching a pair on the flop, betting getting called then checking the turn and hitting your kicker on the river, does a lot for your image. then you can play off that, if people think you're retardedly good or just retarded.

i think if you feel confined to a certain set of guidelines you've fallen into you need to break the habits and bring some creativity into your game. i know the higher you go the less you can get away with but don't you want some moves in your arsenal rather than being readable as just a straight up player?

i'm wondering if you're overanalyzing your stats. being a good baseball player has nothing to do with stats, the dude's just a good player, and then the stats show it. he's not a good player because of his stats.

say you drop a level and play a really loose game. you'll spew a little, but you'll find some stuff that works and add it in your regular game, the learning process thing. just what ive found take it fwiw i dont play that high

Echelon
01-07-2007, 12:13 PM
gimmetheloot: coldcalling range in co/button? (against fish and against tags)