PDA

View Full Version : Good Times & the Bad

kev123
01-06-2007, 10:46 PM
HI,

I recently played a session of 2800 hands where I cleaned up & was hitting everything ; I beat 0.50/1.00 for 30BBs/100 hands over 2400 hands, & 1/2 for 20BBs/100 hands over 400 hands.

Since then, the last two nites I have tried to play & taken some real crazy beats. This has caused me to stop playing early in my sessions.

Anyone got any tips for playing through a real bad run of cards, I have been flopping trips to get beat by str8`s & flushes etc so its not even like I can tighten up & wait for the right hands to play. ( Have I just gotta take the good times with the bad ? )

After my biggest winning session I felt great, but seeing as it has cause me to stop playing early the last two nites I would rather have had just a normal nite on all 3 nites.

Anyone got any serious ideas ?

Casper05
01-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Dont base your confidence on 3000 hands. Post those hands, because Id bet you played some of those trips hands poorly.

lynxman73
01-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah playing through bad runs is like the same as playing through good ones except you don't win as much (point is make your goal to play well; remember when you first starting playing and lived and died with every hand? Well I guess the next challenge is to learn not to live and die with every 15k hands....)

DaCooler
01-07-2007, 01:53 AM
VARIANCE, you cant expect to run like that all the time..

LuckyDevil
01-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Stop looking at how much you won or lost if it bothers you. I go weeks sometimes without checking to see how i'm doing.

Grunch
01-07-2007, 02:38 AM
I wipe my ass with 3000 hands. 4000 if I've had chili.

Ness3
01-07-2007, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HI,

I recently played a session of 2800 hands where I cleaned up & was hitting everything ; I beat 0.50/1.00 for 30BBs/100 hands over 2400 hands, & 1/2 for 20BBs/100 hands over 400 hands.

Since then, the last two nites I have tried to play & taken some real crazy beats. This has caused me to stop playing early in my sessions.

Anyone got any tips for playing through a real bad run of cards, I have been flopping trips to get beat by str8`s & flushes etc so its not even like I can tighten up & wait for the right hands to play. ( Have I just gotta take the good times with the bad ? )

After my biggest winning session I felt great, but seeing as it has cause me to stop playing early the last two nites I would rather have had just a normal nite on all 3 nites.

Anyone got any serious ideas ?

[/ QUOTE ]

what if you didnt win for 50K or 100K hands?

ness

kev123
01-07-2007, 11:32 AM
While I understand this is only a small amount of hands, my point is that I had a good run, but losing to sick beats at the start of a session puts you in the wrong frame of mind for the rest of the session.

I guess the point about not worrying about how much your up or down for a session is a valid point, but would be hard for me to get used to.

Thx for the replies, just really wanted to see how people deal with poor starts to a session... its always in my head that even if I play good poker its gonna be x amount of time before breaking even for the day.

Not winning for 50K / 100K hands ... is that a joke ? , I have had 3 runs where I have broke even over 10K hands but thats about as bad as it gets for me, only played 220K hands tho..... can I expect to hit a run as bad as this ?