PDA

View Full Version : OT - Introduction and Starting Stakes

abarber
01-06-2007, 07:04 PM
All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking for a couple weeks working up the desire to switch from SNGs to FR (along with at least half of STTF), and finally switched last night. I hope I can contribute some some decent posts to the forum and be sure to flame me if they suck.

Also, I wanted to ask you guys where I should be starting out. I have a 5k roll from SNGs, but obviously much less cash experience. I have done decently at 100NL live. Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

pr0crast
01-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Welcome aboard!

1) Why FR as opposed to 6max?
2) Though you have a roll big enough for 1/2NL, I'd recommend starting at .10/.25NL and moving up as soon as you feel comfortable in doing so. No shame in starting low just to get the game's fundamentals down and get a feel for things.
3) The digests contain a ton of great info-- read as much of those as you can!

Good luck!

abarber
01-06-2007, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome aboard!

1) Why FR as opposed to 6max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because my post-flop play is terrible. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ajmargarine
01-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Welcome.

Strongly consider learning 6-max from the start. That's where alot of the action is. If not, that's fine too.

NL25 is probably wise I suppose, NL50 would be fine as well. One of those two. Til you get your feet wet.

abarber
01-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Wow. I am really surprised you guys are recommending 6-max so much. What is the reasoning? Fewer nut-peddlers?

Mythra
01-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Hey abarber.. remember me from last night on FTP?
You are making a wise choice. SnG is drying up and there are way more $$$ to be made at cash tables.

Do what pr0crast said, read this board often and I would also sign up for card runners.. good luck

mlane
01-06-2007, 07:21 PM
yea and just more hands in against weaker players, also the added benefit if u play on a site with rakeback u get more of that as well.

effinA
01-06-2007, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I am really surprised you guys are recommending 6-max so much. What is the reasoning? Fewer nut-peddlers?

[/ QUOTE ]

click your mouse, loose your house.....faster!

no, seriously, it helps your game much more, and start low, im sure u can compete with most of 50nl....6max = more hands, with more donks

Abramovic
01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
FR is just boring.