PDA

View Full Version : I hate myself..AQ played sooooooo bad

ejay
01-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Villan is unknown. I know i played it bad pf and i should have rr but given that how do you like flop turn? Is this possibly the worst line..

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $321.80
Button: $191
SB: $139.15
Hero: $200

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($17, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $37</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($91, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $60

jk3a
01-06-2007, 05:36 PM
this is by no means horrible. You make it hard for him to call with a worse hand. I prefer:

3bet pf
as played, c/c,c/c or c/c,lead

Your line isn't bad and maybe optimal depending on the opponent.

Casper05
01-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I dont see how worse hands will call this. I might go for the double c/r here...or just c/c, c/c, lead.

pr0crast
01-06-2007, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is by no means horrible. You make it hard for him to call with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this exactly why the hand is poorly played? These two statements shouldn't be next to each other. However, I don't think you meant that it wasn't bad B/C it makes it hard for worse hands to call, but thats kinda how it reads :-p

As played, I enjoy the C/C--C/Lead line, but a lot of the time im 3betting pf.

Sciolist
01-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I'd definitely three bet this preflop, unless he's on 5% PFR and 5% att.steal or something.

I'd then be fine with a flop check/raise, figuring that's all I'll get out of the hand. As played, I think I'd probably just check/call the turn and see what happens.

DanIsBluffin
01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
You're folding out all of the hands you want to be getting value from. The only likely draw is J10 and that doesn't seem likely given flop action.
Save this line for sets/2pairs/combo draws/air.

Sciolist
01-06-2007, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're folding out all of the hands you want to be getting value from. The only likely draw is J10 and that doesn't seem likely given flop action.
Save this line for sets/2pairs/combo draws/air.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that to me, or is that to OP?