PDA

View Full Version : QQ on heart flop with Q of hearts

BobAllinSki
01-06-2007, 04:55 PM
BB seems like a reasonable tag, UTG is fairly unkown but his style isnt that signifiacnt here

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.15
CO: $51.80
Button: $50
Hero: $62.65
BB: $88.15

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($26.5, 3 players)
Hero???

Whats your plan on the flop?

Casper05
01-06-2007, 05:08 PM
bet

bohlicious
01-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I think you have really two options here and they both involve trying to get your money in here.
If you check here, you need to check- raise your whole stack. But if they bet something weird like $4, you're gonna be in a strange spot, as seems to happen at these stakes. If he bets around 10, you gotta push or you've fooled yourself into assuming that you're behind.
If you check and he checks, then the turn will be hard to play too. Say you pick up a fourth heart. Then if you bet and get raised you have to decide if he's bluffing or was checking his big draw. If you check and he bets then that's no good either cause now you gotta push it all in (check raising the 3rd nuts with only possibility really being called by a better hand).
If you miss the draw on the turn, it could be an A or a K, which sucks too and you risk being raised by a weaker hand because this can look like a steal or to me looks like something like 2 black tens.
If you bet and get raised, you know a lot more. Betting around ten - if co pushes, you call almost anyone at these stakes. Unlucky if you're losing but I hope you still have outs.
If you get called here, assume you're ahead and proceed with caution if you hit your heart. You certainly don't want to get your money in dead but this is a good board to get in on.

BobAllinSki
01-07-2007, 07:54 AM
I went for the check raise, thinking that hands that fold to a bet might bluff so we get a little more that way, I also thought it might have some fold equity but I think this was a massive mistake because any hand that bets then folds to the small raise left a bet leaves is probably a hand we want in the pot.

The problem I see with the check raise is if its checked behind and the turn comes /images/graemlins/heart.gif we have an awckward situation, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif could easily check behind and take a free card here so all we really have is a bluff catcher and 2 * pot isnt a depth I like to bluff catch with on the turn as you usually have to pay off the rest of your chips on the river. If it misses I think I'd just bet 20 or so on the turn and push pretty much any river.

in the actuall hand UTG had KK/images/graemlins/heart.gif which I had pretty much dismissed as a possibility which was a mistake as we had fenced a little several times pre-flop, with me 3 betting him light and folding to his raises etc so a slowplay wasnt out of the question.

pickless
01-07-2007, 07:57 AM
adn i thought i was bad at posting. good job boballinksy.

BobAllinSki
01-07-2007, 08:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and i thought i was bad at posting. good job boballinksy.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP