PDA

View Full Version : 100NL: Open ended straight + flush draw, my play vs minraise?

Clashes
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Villain just sat down, and just posted blind oop. No read on him but I think since he posted oop he is not a strong player.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($146.85)
SB ($86.70)
Hero ($98.50)
UTG ($57)
MP ($61.55)
CO ($100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5.50) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...

Should i just call with the great odds given to me, or raise and get it all in on the flop while I have a lot of equity in the pot against his range?

FireStorm
01-06-2007, 02:44 PM
If you don't mind a bit of variance, you can shove here. CO is usually never folding out TP or better, since people who min raise flops don't like folding. I don't like just calling because a red 8 or 3 is going to significantly slow your action down if CO has a hand like 76. Get it in now.

shpanko
01-06-2007, 02:48 PM
shoving? That seems like a huge overbet, and I'd hate it if villain called with 7x spades or MP woke up with a higher fd or flopped straight. I would rather just call in this situation. Not that I really mind raising, just that you are getting great odds and your straight outs are a little concealed.

FireStorm
01-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Umm, his straight outs aren't concealed in any way, shape, or form. the top part of his straight would make the board 8-7-6-5 on the turn, it's going to be pretty tough for him to get action off naked top pairs or suited trash two pairs if this occurs.

As for a shove, yes, it's an overbet, but it guarantees you will see all five, and it appears the cold caller of $4 only ha like $60 anyway.