PDA

View Full Version : A tough QQ hand

Fly
01-06-2007, 02:18 PM
1/2 FTP

Villain is Beardled who runs 28/17 over 400 hands. At the time of the hand we were on several tables together. The only history we have is one hand this session, not long before the hand in question where he raised in the CO and I 3bet from the blinds. Flop came J/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif I bet 2/3 pot, he raised me ~3x, I shoved and he folded.

Full Tilt Poker
$1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (CO): $309
BTN: $101.20
SB: $119
BB: $205.4
UTG: $203
MP: $193

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $24</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $17

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($51, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $37</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $74</font>, Hero calls $37

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($199, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [6/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($199, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all in for $105</font>, Hero?

Looking for comments on all streets.

jk3a
01-06-2007, 02:31 PM
fold flop

gigag04
01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
This might be a leak in my game, but when he checks the turn to someone who has his stack covered, gets a check behind, and then throws in a PSB at the river, I think I would be good with QQ.

Is this too loose?

jk3a
01-06-2007, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This might be a leak in my game, but when he checks the turn to someone who has his stack covered, gets a check behind, and then throws in a PSB at the river, I think I would be good with QQ.

Is this too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

Womble
01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Since you called the flop you should call the river. The decision is to be made on the flop - he is gonna put you all in so either be prepared to get AI (3bet or call AI on turn) or fold.

I would fold this

Chubbers
01-06-2007, 03:06 PM
What hand are you guys putting him on to say fold the flop re-raise?

AA = he'd have re-raised PF
KK = as above most likely
JJ-TT.

Are you expecting 66 77 99? Have you pinpointed that this is indeed what he is holding?

I know if i held JJ QQ here i'd re-raise this flop bet because it looks so weak... i'd assume a typical cbet with AK here. I think many villains would do the same with TT.

Abramovic
01-06-2007, 03:10 PM
Chubbers AA and KK are very large possibilities here.

Flopped set is obviously also possible. I think what womble said is correct, but if this guy was someone capable of making this sort of move, Id be calling the river (however, as womble said, the decision had to be made on the flop - read dependent).

jk3a
01-06-2007, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

JJ-TT.

Are you expecting 66 77 99? Have you pinpointed that this is indeed what he is holding?

I know if i held JJ QQ here i'd re-raise this flop bet because it looks so weak... i'd assume a typical cbet with AK here. I think many villains would do the same with TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chubbers,

Please don't take this personally. You're logic is wrong and you need to stop posting [censored] advice. What range do you put villian on after the flop c/r? Please take the time to answer this question for yourself.

Chubbers
01-07-2007, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

JJ-TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chubbers,

Please don't take this personally. You're logic is wrong and you need to stop posting [censored] advice. What range do you put villian on after the flop c/r? Please take the time to answer this question for yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

J - I wasnt giving bad advice, i was actually asking a question. I'm wondering what it is you've put him on. Are you saying he has you beat by a boat+ or are you saying he has you beat by overpairs? Or does it not matter?