PDA

View Full Version : NL$200 6m 45 initial joining post flopping the nuts

Chubbers
01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
This is just a standard question of when you should be getting your money in. I think i left it too late, but not sure. Is the river a point where you should push or should it be earlier. Is the flush now a problem?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $200
CO: $163.24
Button: $108.20
SB: $189.68
BB: $105.49

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero (poster) checks, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($8, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($26, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $18</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

River: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($62, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $174</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $137.24</font>.
Uncalled bets: $36.76 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $336.48

Casper05
01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
The flush isnt a problem. The paired board is. I certainly dont open push here.

Claunchy
01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I would definitely 3-bet that weak flop raise, which would set up a larger turn bet.

As played, I like the river push, b/c I think he has a flush like never, and won't be able to get away from most aces.

Praetor
01-06-2007, 01:55 PM
definitely pump the flop to like $25-30

Biosludge
01-06-2007, 01:56 PM
Flop bet is way too small. I bet at least 6. Also, why are you posting? always wait for BB...

SirArthur
01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
What's your read on villain, that's as important as anything else here.
I hate the river push, most sane players would only call a river push on this board with a flush or boat.

You're folding out worse hands with this river overbet. Unless he's an uber donk who will pay off with A/9 or something. That's why a read is important here.

Chubbers
01-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Speaking of reads Sir Arthur, if you read my initial post you'd see it was my first hand at the table /images/graemlins/smile.gif - ie; no reads on players.

My initial flop bet was always folding all but ace holders, but i didn't want to scare off anyone with a weak ace with a strong bet making them think i hit a set or 2p on the flop.

I wasn't as worried about a full house because i expected a re-raise on the turn if that was the case. The bet was intended to make villain also think i had a weak ace, thus the bet size.

FireStorm
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
1) Reading the replies to this thread is similar to watching retards have an orgy. Cmon people, this is some grimy ass advice.

2) 3 betting the flop is a viable option, I like it, altho not to $30, make it $16 to $20. It's a limped pot, plenty of naked Aces or pairs + gutshots will come along for the ride.

3) you can also consider making your flop opening bet bigger, $5 or $6.

4) Turn as played seems OK, if one of the above lines is taken, make turn bet the same proportionally.

5) River, horrendous. You are basically inviting folds out of worse hands, but handing your chips over in a flash to anyone who is full or flushed. I doubt you get called by a worse hand very often here, honestly, what worse hands will Villain call with when he limped in the CO, As6s? No need to massively overbet shove here.

6) This is Party 1/2 NL cash. The difference between betting $3 and $6 on the flop is negligible, you aren't scaring people with a "weak Ace" out because THEY think YOU might have 2p or sets.

Chubbers
01-06-2007, 02:56 PM
2) 3 betting the flop is a viable option, I like it, altho not to $30, make it $16 to $20. It's a limped pot, plenty of naked Aces or pairs + gutshots will come along for the ride.

I'm not 100% sure of the idea of re-raising PF. I think getting the initial bet in to build the pot is important but the call behind adds some deception to the hand.

3) you can also consider making your flop opening bet bigger, $5 or $6.

Agreed.

4) Turn as played seems OK, if one of the above lines is taken, make turn bet the same proportionally.

I think it should have been pot size actually... At this point no ace is folding

5) River, horrendous. You are basically inviting folds out of worse hands, but handing your chips over in a flash to anyone who is full or flushed. I doubt you get called by a worse hand very often here, honestly, what worse hands will Villain call with when he limped in the CO, As6s? No need to massively overbet shove here.

I disagree here. I think the flush is highly unlikely here, the full house is what i'm concerned about. However, if i lead out and get re-raised do i fold? I think i'm ahead here most of the time and thus over the long run will get called by Ax enough to make this push. The way i played the hand was as if i held Ax. So in Villains mind (if they do infact think) they'd also put me on the same.

6) This is Party 1/2 NL cash. The difference between betting $3 and $6 on the flop is negligible, you aren't scaring people with a "weak Ace" out because THEY think YOU might have 2p or sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.