PDA

View Full Version : AQ line check, 100nl

deaders
01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Villain is an unimaginative tag but quite aggro. 21/10/4

I think I donked this hand up but im not sure where exactly, anyone just c/f river? B/f better?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($106.50)
Button ($194.85)
SB ($98.50)
BB ($52)
Hero ($101.50)
MP ($21.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $4, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($9.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, Button calls $7.

Turn: ($23.50) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $17</font>, Button calls $17.

River: ($57.50) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $36</font>, Hero calls $36.

Final Pot: $129.50

Jay Riall
01-06-2007, 11:36 AM
I would check-call this turn and re-evaluate on the river.

dregal
01-06-2007, 12:51 PM
As played I think c/f river is good. I don't think he is betting with AJ or worse here.

Casper05
01-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I would check the turn, but if I bet it Id also bet/fold the river.

deaders
01-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I hate checking an obvious scare card vs an aggro opponent on the turn and giving up control of the hand. Thoughts?

Casper05
01-06-2007, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate checking an obvious scare card vs an aggro opponent on the turn and giving up control of the hand. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]Thats why Im checking- he'll bluff with worse far more often than he'll call with worse, imo. Thoughts?

Ketelsen
01-06-2007, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Thats why Im checking- he'll bluff with worse far more often than he'll call with worse, imo. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
But what to do when villain bet turn ?? call ?? and if so what about river ??

cs3
01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you make of a villain who is that aggro flat calling both flop, and turn? I think he raises his flush draws and definitely raises his made flushes unless he has the nut flsuh. Does he ever not raise somewhere (PF or Flop) with Ak?

Your line is fine. I may ch/call both turn and river vs this guy though.

deaders
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you make of a villain who is that aggro flat calling both flop, and turn? I think he raises his flush draws and definitely raises his made flushes unless he has the nut flsuh. Does he ever not raise somewhere (PF or Flop) with Ak?

Y

[/ QUOTE ]

That was what I was thinking, it seemed he could have a weaker ace or be calling down light a good amount of the time.

turtlestar
01-07-2007, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That was what I was thinking, it seemed he could have a weaker ace or be calling down light a good amount of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
This helps argue for B/F as possibly a better line on the river. He may call with hands we beat, but will only raise with hands that beat us, etc, etc.
Once we check the river our hand is very well defined for villain (if he has decent hand reading skills), so a bet by him looks pretty strong. But... I have trouble check/folding here.
So, B/F &gt; C/F &gt; C/C. But I could easily be convinced of C/F &gt; B/F &gt; C/C.