PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars - FPPs to money

Chess1956
01-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Hello.

Im making a lot of FPPs at Pokerstars, about 400.000 every month and I dont want all that electronic etc.

I just want the money like a regular rakeback, I was used to at Cryptologic.

So whats the best way to get money out of the FPPs?

I was told that the bonus is no good?

Annorax
01-04-2007, 12:50 AM
Buy electronic stuff or gift cards.
Register on ebay
???
Profit

Chess1956
01-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Annorax:

The thing is I dont need any electronic or gift cards.

Is there a way to get money like a regular rakeback, without having to buy all that crap stuff? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RikaKazak
01-04-2007, 01:13 AM
the bonus

Humorist
01-04-2007, 01:15 AM
There is no rakeback available for poker star but as Annorax just mentionned, why don't you buy a gift card or certificate that you can sell on e-bay for about 95%+ of its value? There is also the bonuses that you can buy which is direct money in your account after you clear them but I would think that selling gift card/certificate on ebay would be marginally more profitable.

BigBiceps
01-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Buy 400 copies of Barry Greenstein's book per month. Then open up a bookstore once you get 5000 copies.

The price tag says they are $25 each. So that could net you $125,000 in 1 year before expenses.

Rook
01-04-2007, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Annorax:

The thing is I dont need any electronic or gift cards.

Is there a way to get money like a regular rakeback, without having to buy all that crap stuff? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Buy electronic stuff or gift cards.
<u>Register on ebay</u>
???
Profit

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the bolded section.. you don't keep the electronic's or gift cards, you sell them on Ebay. It's a little more work than a normal bonus or rakeback program, but it works just the same (maybe better depending on your selling ability).

mbpoker
01-04-2007, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no rakeback available for poker star

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about poker star, but there is an equivalent of rakeback on PokerStars. If OP is making 400,000 FPP a month he must be Supernova. Just go to cashier, then VIP store and buy $1,500 award bonus for 100,000 FPP. You need to get 10,500 VPPs and you get cash into your account.

In summary you get 1.5 cent/FPP rate.

http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/store/special/vip-bonus-1/

Sciolist
01-04-2007, 06:24 AM
I gather that the Aston Martin is the best value for FPP, though I don't know what the resale value of one of them is. If you earn 400k FPP per month, then that's a year to get the Aston Martin...

netstorm
01-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Just have the concierge service pay your bills every 2 weeks or so. 180k FPP = around $3000

Recliner
01-04-2007, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I gather that the Aston Martin is the best value for FPP, though I don't know what the resale value of one of them is. If you earn 400k FPP per month, then that's a year to get the Aston Martin...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Aston Martin is only the best value on paper. I imagine that added hassels of getting the car would likely kill the deal. Plus I don't think I'd ever want to pay insurance on a car like that.

Chess1956
01-04-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just have the concierge service pay your bills every 2 weeks or so. 180k FPP = around $3000

[/ QUOTE ]

What can you ask for with the concierge service?

Anyone having experiences?

NL__Fool
01-04-2007, 03:07 PM
400K FPP's Per month and you have never used the concierge service?

Something smells fishy to me

[ QUOTE ]
Well Im a solid multitabler (at the $114 turbos) and if it was me my range in hand 1 would be: JJ+, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is from a preious post of yours.

Now how many FPP"s are you earning again?

Chess1956
01-04-2007, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Well Im a solid multitabler (at the $114 turbos) and if it was me my range in hand 1 would be: JJ+, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

400k FPPs every month and?
Started last month and became a Supernova, so naturally this month I will make more cause of the bigger factor (350%) and cause im playing more, due to reach Supernova elite within 9 months.

But tell me about the service, instead of acusing me for being a fish. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

smellmuth
01-04-2007, 08:32 PM
GOLD COINS + EBAY = PROFIT

MrX
01-05-2007, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

400k FPPs every month and?
Started last month and became a Supernova, so naturally this month I will make more cause of the bigger factor (350%) and cause im playing more, due to reach Supernova elite within 9 months.

But tell me about the service, instead of acusing me for being a fish. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They will get you almost anything, I even got 4k worth of Party Poker stock after the legislation with the concierge.

NL__Fool
01-05-2007, 01:29 AM
I wasn't calling you a fish, It just seemed silly that someone earning 400,000 FPP's per month didn't know what the concierge service did or what they could do with their points.

Most high volume players figure that out before they decide on a site to play on as it adds a significant earn to their bottom line.

NL__Fool
01-05-2007, 01:41 AM
I don't understand why so many people have this Ebay hard on. At SuperNova status it makes no sense.

Anyways, take the cash bonuses unless there is something you need because buying an item and then listing it on Ebay is not worth the time and effort at SuperNova status.

Once you list an item on Ebay and then you pay the Ebay listing fee you are going to be worse off then just taking the cash bonus.

Concierge service= $.017 per FPP
Cash bonus = $.015 Per VPP

At 400,000 FPP's your talking about $800 difference before you pay the Ebay listing fees plus you will only get about 90-95% of the value of the item if you are lucky.

Add to that the shipping time from Stars to you and then the auction time etc. It's just not worth it.

Or do what I do and get a $1k Grocery gift card, a $1K Gas card, $ a 1k gift card for the mall near me and save the rest of the points or use it on a trip or a new car or whatever takes your fancy each month

Chess1956
01-05-2007, 06:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't calling you a fish, It just seemed silly that someone earning 400,000 FPP's per month didn't know what the concierge service did or what they could do with their points.

Most high volume players figure that out before they decide on a site to play on as it adds a significant earn to their bottom line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem mate. I was coming from Crypto, which died and need to find a new place to play in a hurry. So I tried Pokerstars for real in end of november (have played little there until then) and then I was in a hurry to reach Supernova before 31st december.

I got there and then I was in doubt with all those points /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the standard prize for using the Concierge Service?

terrellk11
01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem mate. I was coming from Crypto, which died and need to find a new place to play in a hurry. So I tried Pokerstars for real in end of november (have played little there until then) and then I was in a hurry to reach Supernova before 31st december.

I got there and then I was in doubt with all those points /images/graemlins/wink.gif
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the standard prize for using the Concierge Service?

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard is $3000 worth of stuff for 180k in points, which works out to 1.666667 cents per point.

NL__Fool
01-05-2007, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The standard is $3000 worth of stuff for 180k in points, which works out to 1.666667 cents per point

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you want to get picky then yes. I just round up

CharlieDontSurf
01-05-2007, 05:41 PM
how many sitn gos do u play a month?

kidpokeher
01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or do what I do and get a $1k Grocery gift card, a $1K Gas card, $ a 1k gift card for the mall near me

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this work, exactly? I've never seen a grocery or gas card other than standard credit cards for gas companies.

NL__Fool
01-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I live in Canada, 2 $500 Real Canadian Superstore gift cards
(a grocery store which is a subdivion of zhers markets)

$500 worth of Petro Canada Gift cards and a $1000 gift certificate for the mall near me

Everyone and their mother has gift cards nowadays in Canada anyways

The Worm
01-06-2007, 02:17 AM
No offense, but I find it hard to believe anyone can make 400K FPPS a month with any regularity, but lets say for argument sake you can.

If you spend 100K on the $1500 bonus, youll be getting .015 cents for each point. $6000 a month for 12 months nets you $72K in bonuses.

If you can save up for 12.5 months and purchase the Aston Martin Vantage which has an MSRP of $130000. After taxes etc, youd need to resell it for more than 72K to be more profitable than just taking the $1500 bonuses. Im pretty sure you could find someone to buy a $130K car for $100-110K, thus making the Aston Martin the way to go IMO.

If it was me and I was able to get an Aston Martin after a year, Id keep the sonofabitch and drive it myself, thats just me.

vinnypoker
01-06-2007, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello.

Im making a lot of FPPs at Pokerstars, about 400.000 every month and I dont want all that electronic etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are now getting free WSOP &amp; 2 tourney entries with the new Supernova elite.
Out of curiosity to earn 400K in FPPS, how many tables, hours weekly &amp; what limits are you playing at to generate that??

Chess1956
01-07-2007, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are now getting free WSOP &amp; 2 tourney entries with the new Supernova elite.
Out of curiosity to earn 400K in FPPS, how many tables, hours weekly &amp; what limits are you playing at to generate that??

[/ QUOTE ]

Im multitabling the $114 SNGS (about 14-15 tables), which earns me about 3000 FPPs per hour (Im not exactly sure) and for earning 400.000 FPPs per month I need to work around 130 hours per month.

vinnypoker
01-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Chess awsome multi tabling, what's in the name chess1956, is chess your main game?

OnUrBike
01-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Chess is probably the best multitabler in the SNGs and probably one of the best PLO players in the mid limits.

I dont think he plays chess..

punkass
01-14-2007, 11:26 AM
They won't pay my rent for 3 months, would they?

pushpushshove
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't know why people are questioning the guy's claim of 400k points a month. It's not that hard to figure out. If he plays $114s and he's a nova, he's earning 9 x 5 x 250% = 157.5 pts per sng. They round up to 158 so 400,000 / 158 = 2531 sng's / month which is totally doable.

HSB
01-15-2007, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why not. Just ask 'em.

OnUrBike
01-15-2007, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know why people are questioning the guy's claim of 400k points a month. It's not that hard to figure out. If he plays $114s and he's a nova, he's earning 9 x 5 x 250% = 157.5 pts per sng. They round up to 158 so 400,000 / 158 = 2531 sng's / month which is totally doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its jaleous people mate, thats all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dazarath
01-15-2007, 06:11 PM
The problem with getting electronics and selling them is that you don't sell them for the market price. So if you trade FPPs for an item at 1.6 cents/FPP, when you sell it on Ebay, you may only be getting 1.3 cents/FPP. As a Supernova, you should probably just get the bonus, which is 1.5 cents/FPP, as someone mentioned earlier. Some of the higher up stuff is a better deal, but only if you wanted it in the first place. Getting an Aston Martin is not as useful to someone if they don't need a car.

punkass
01-16-2007, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I PM'ed Scotty, and he replied that rent is not an option. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

AlexM
04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I PM'ed Scotty, and he replied that rent is not an option. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a prepaid Visa? That would be the win.