PDA

View Full Version : I had it to chk-raise, do I have it to draw -- 150bb deep 50NL

Kichigai
01-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Another pre-flop call I don't normally make (realizing that my two posts today are for just this situation.)

I made the call because of the deepish stacks of both opps.

I hesitated between a donk of nearly pot (3betting) and the check-rasie. Felt the check-raise would rep a serious hand and that I had a fair amount of FE against the open villaiin. He seemed to be a good tag from what I could tell. Probably viewed me as lag (good or bad, IDK.)

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $54.55
Hero (BB): $77.45
UTG: $50
CO: $120.95
BTN: $97.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, SB folds, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $5</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $17.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all in to $118.95</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $101.45 returned to CO

_TKO_
01-03-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't think your c/r was big enough to realize much of that fold equity. His push seems like an overpair more than a set or straight, so you can almost call this. You are getting about 1.5:1 on your call, and assuming all 14 of your outs are live, it appears that you have a call.