PDA

View Full Version : Turned trips, flush draw on the board $10 6 max

DeuceSeven
01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Here's a hand I played earlier today. I had seen this villain make a weak bet a few times earlier and he showed down a draw twice over 50+ hands.

Had villain bet half the pot I would have folded on the flop, but he gives me huge odds and I'm probably drawing to 4 outs. Voila, I make my hand on the turn. I'm putting villain on a flush draw and decide to slow play as villain only has 7 outs plus if the 8 of diamonds hits I can win a really big pot. I also give villain the chance to bluff on the river if his draw doesn't come in. I've already made my mind up that if the flush gets there I'm done with the hand. Most of the time I check raise the turn but decided to play this a little different.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.50
CO: $10
Button: $5.50
Hero: $34.10
BB: $21.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.4, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.1</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.7, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.4</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $6.9</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $15.3