PDA

View Full Version : 99 against flush?

unseen
01-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I got another hand a couple of minutes ago and like to hear your thoughts on it. It was about the 5th hand I got at this table, so not much information was availible, but lots of limping happened. Even saw one guy limp in with AA.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($1.08)
Hero ($2.97)
MP2 ($1)
CO ($1.88)
Button ($2.80)
SB ($1.81)
BB ($2.99)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, MP2 calls $0.20, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.48) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, MP2 calls $0.30.

River: ($1.08) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $0.48</font>, Hero calls $0.28.

Final Pot: $2.04

Comments on all streets are, as usual /images/graemlins/wink.gif, welcome.

The only things I might say in advance on my play:

1. I might have raised here PF, but with all that limping and "interesting" starting hands in this limit combined with position, I tend to try limping more myselfe and see the flop cheap (maybe call the usual minraise comming from time to time).

2. I would have put him AI on the river myselfe, but my hands were faster than my brain, this time. Maybe a leak I have to fix in these situations.

Unknown Soldier
01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
you need to be much more aggressive

dont open limp, raise this, bet more on flop (never min-raise)

bet a bit more on turn and what are you trying to do with that river bet? Far too weak c/c river.

EDIT: realised your flop bet is a massive overbet, why so much? psb is fine here

ybother
01-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Raise pf, lead out more on flop, but as played re-raise the flop hard (maybe all-in pricing out the fd)

unseen
01-02-2007, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pf, lead out more on flop, but as played re-raise the flop hard (maybe all-in pricing out the fd)

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise the flop? How would I do that when my bet is just called?

ybother
01-02-2007, 08:30 PM
my bad, misread .2 for .02

unseen
01-02-2007, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you need to be much more aggressive

dont open limp, raise this, bet more on flop (never min-raise)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's usualy what I am saying myselfe, but the reality at the tables sometimes ... well ... put me back, like I tried to explain in my OP.

[ QUOTE ]

bet a bit more on turn and what are you trying to do with that river bet? Far too weak c/c river.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/c river sounds interesting. As I said, I would even put that guy AI. Whats the purpose of your play? Luring chips into the pot?

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: realised your flop bet is a massive overbet, why so much? psb is fine here

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the primary goal was to chase out a drawing hand right here and it seems to me, that the guys at this limit will not get away with a 0.08$ bet most of the time. Actually this gives me headache sometimes. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

You see I am still at the very beginning and need to learn a lot for sure, that might explain the one or the other strange view/idea. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

unseen
01-02-2007, 08:40 PM
thought so, just wanted to be sure you did not mean doing something completly different like c/r and I misunderstood.