PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious Unique Situation [100nl]

Vammakala
01-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Button ($40.30)
Hero ($139.50)
BB ($39.60)
UTG ($100)
MP ($92.49)
CO ($100)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50. BB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="blue">UTG posts a blind of $1. MP posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1</font>.

UTG (poster) checks, MP (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $4, CO calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $44.5</font>, BB calls $38.60 (All-In), MP folds, CO folds.

Alrighty! I thought I'd post this to generate some conversion of the line I took. I also think this hand was unique situation and pretty hilarious also since half the table posted out of turn /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BB hasn't been in the table for long but he's been overly aggressive, going all-in with as low as pair of fours to a reraise. I don't have that much data on him but he raised ~all hands of his first orbit, which is why I decided to go funky.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif

// Vamm

TDouble
01-02-2007, 06:57 PM
I would have just bombed it when the action got to me the first time

jds1201
01-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Given your read, I like it.

LuckyDevil
01-02-2007, 07:17 PM
I raise smaller, like 18 or there abouts. If BB moves all in its a fairly easy call. If others come along i play cautiously.

Edit: I would have raised the first time you acted, was kinda hard to follow the action.

True
01-02-2007, 07:18 PM
just shove instead of re-raise, you are committed and fold out 50/50s

MasterLJ
01-02-2007, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise smaller, like 18 or there abouts. If BB moves all in its a fairly easy call. If others come along i play cautiously.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB will at least call if not raise possibly enticing others who have noticed the BB's antics to call as well, which will leave us in the worst position with mediocre holdings. I like the raise amount by OP.

Haupt_234
01-02-2007, 07:23 PM
I think not raising your hand the first time around is pretty bad.

As played, I would shove.

Haupt_234

LuckyDevil
01-02-2007, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB will at least call if not raise possibly enticing others who have noticed the BB's antics to call as well, which will leave us in the worst position with mediocre holdings. I like the raise amount by OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict BB moving all in to the raise, not calling. He's either gonna fold or go all in. So he will raise everyone out for you. By raising to 40 you're basically allowing everyone to play near perfect against you.

I would have raised the first time though.

Casper05
01-02-2007, 07:25 PM
I feel like OP owes me a joke.

pterodactyl_
01-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Not bad considering your read but I think your hand is too strong to let everyone see the flop if the BB doesn't raise. I'd raise it up to 6$ or 7$ the first time it comes around to you.

Vammakala
01-03-2007, 08:54 AM
You do notice the raise is all-in to the BB, not to anyone else - it's for half a stack. I guess push would be better here.. I just didn't expect to get called by anyone but BB (as I did) and I knew he'd call with fairly good aces and any pairs.

Granted it was a bit "risky" to just call and risk a multiway flop with AQ OOP, but it seemed like a funky idea at the time and with the posters, I did get extra value for it.

In short, my bet was enuf to put the BB all-in and I don't expect to be worse than a coinflip against anyone else.