6 players
Hero is CO with $51.40.
Villian is Button with $107.
SB with $239.20.
BB with $49.95.
UTG with $60.90.
UTG+1 with $63.25.
The button is at seat 1.
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $10</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $49.65</font>,

Do you like this line?

jonyy6788
01-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Depends on villain and need a read or at least some stats

Speedlimits
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on villain and need a read or at least some stats

[/ QUOTE ]

I have stats over 30 hands, villian seems slightly aggro. 27/21/3

jvans
01-02-2007, 04:49 PM
any reads on villain? if he's going to call you every time with Qx then you dont really have much equity in pushing here. His other hands are AQ or a set, at 50NL most ppl have trouble folding tptk. Knowing villain here is key to the right play

orange
01-02-2007, 04:51 PM
fine.

Speedlimits
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
any reads on villain? if he's going to call you every time with Qx then you dont really have much equity in pushing here. His other hands are AQ or a set, at 50NL most ppl have trouble folding tptk. Knowing villain here is key to the right play

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian had 200bb+ behind him and seemed aggro but somewhat solid so I figured I had some FE.

pineapple888
01-02-2007, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian had 200bb+ behind him and seemed aggro but somewhat solid so I figured I had some FE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, rightly or wrongly he's going to put you on exactly what you have I would think (NFD). So you will fold out bluffs only, which isn't the worst result I guess, but you aren't real happy otherwise.

I'm not real sure PAHUD gives you what you need here, I vary my play in these sorts of spots after I look into Villain's soul. /images/graemlins/wink.gif There are many different lines that could end up happening. Given the c/r as above, I might shove, I might call, I might just let it go. Hope that helps. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GooseHinson
01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, rightly or wrongly he's going to put you on exactly what you have I would think (NFD). So you will fold out bluffs only, which isn't the worst result I guess, but you aren't real happy otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pineapple,

This is how I would play my set, combo draw or even AA sometimes on this board. If he's calling with TPTK, it will even out. I try to play my NFDs and combo draws in my raised pots the same as I would play my sets and this is a perfect example. I do think we have quite a bit of FE against AQ here and especially KQ.

OP, I like your line.

Imrahil
01-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Any reads on villain? I don't think a push here is bad. You may have 12 outs and you have lots of FE.

BukNaked36
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Standard line as long as you don't mind the variance.

2:1 dog to AQ
3:1 dog to a set
55:45 dog to any pair of Q's if your ace is an out

Through in some fold equity and a reasonable range and this is typically a mildly +EV play.

Speedlimits
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Through in some fold equity and a reasonable range and this is typically a mildly +EV play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok just wanted to make sure it was EV+. Villian called and showed 44 FTW.

pineapple888
01-02-2007, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok just wanted to make sure it was EV+. Villian called and showed 44 FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, the fact that a play is +EV does not mean that it is the most +EV play, and note the assumptions above must hold to make your play +EV at all. I'm not harshing on you, just saying that there really isn't an automatic play in this spot. You really shouldn't say "OMG likely to be +$0.18 EV, maybe, so SHIP IT!!!!" when a better play might be available.

Goose H., somewhat along the same lines, I agree that if you have 20,000 hands vs Villain and he is observant you will want to play the way you describe, but if he's just some dude you may be able to do better.

That said, it's hard to argue strongly against the "standard" line. But I'm not always gonna play that way if I feel like there is a better line vs. a specific villain.

DaAznFella
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
this seems pretty standard if villain will fold top pair. I dunno if my maths here is totally correct but I think you're close to flipping against any one pair that calls you here, and if you can fold out a lot of onepair hands then the line seems good. thoughts on this?

pineapple888
01-02-2007, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this seems pretty standard if villain will fold top pair. I dunno if my maths here is totally correct but I think you're close to flipping against any one pair that calls you here, and if you can fold out a lot of onepair hands then the line seems good. thoughts on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what everyone is saying, the issue is how much FE you think you have.

DaAznFella
01-02-2007, 10:10 PM
the only hands that have you crushed here are 66 and 44, as I generally think that 27/21/3 will 3bet pf with AQ, and I'm thinking this type of villain is capable of folding KQ here unless it's K/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif, in which case you're still in decent shape. I'm liking the push more and more.

jjb108
01-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I don't think this is standard. I don't like it without at least 2 overs and I'd much prefer a gutshot vs the overs to have more outs when villain shows you the set. I'm not a fan of pushing with a naked NFD when villain has showed strength.

Villain's call is +EV vs a shove here vs your range. If you push the naked NFD, even moreso. Don't overestimate your fold equity especially when villain's call is +EV as well.

At least you'll get action /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Not quite the same hand but this link is relevant.

Tight is Goot (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=5742621)