PDA

View Full Version : NL25, AQs, how did i play it?

jdefoe
01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
My stack: $36
Villan's stack: $13

4 handed, utg folds, I raise to $1 with A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button, the SB folds, and the BB calls, who is a tight player.

The flop comes Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2.10)

He checks to me, and i check (trying to vary my play)

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He leads for $2, and I just call

River: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif
He bets $2.5, and I raise to $7

How did i play this? bet flop? raise turn?

4_2_it
01-02-2007, 12:57 PM
1. Bet the flop. This flop is dry and you would always c-bet this unimproved so just bet it. FWIW, varying your play is fine, but save it for when villain has an equal stack. Here you want to coax his entire stack into the middle.

2. As played, make it $5 to go on the turn and that makes a river shove less than his remaining stack.

Genz
01-02-2007, 12:58 PM
I think you should stop varying your play on NL25. Noone will ever notice. I don't think your river raise which puts him all-in, basically, will be called by a worse hand here ever, unless you know he is a calling station (whick should make you value bet him in the first place. And since he is betting, he probably isn't a calling-station...). Only exceptions are KQ-hands. So I just call the river. That raise won't make you any money.

avfletch
01-02-2007, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I just call the river. That raise won't make you any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd flat call with the nuts?

Am I missing something here?

CrustyFace
01-02-2007, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I just call the river. That raise won't make you any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd flat call with the nuts?

Am I missing something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded,

You can only gain from raising here. So what if he doesn't call.