PDA

View Full Version : what does villain hold?

CheapFlop
01-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Set aside the flaming on how I played the flop and turn, as I realize I did not play strongly enough (I certainly want confirmation of this, but I think the peanut gallery would say that I should have bet more)

My question is, does villain hold KK QQ JJ or KJ here often enough to fold? Or is his bet more likely a set of jacks (eg: AJ) sensing I was chasing a flush?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($27.20)
Hero ($44.05)
MP ($24.10)
CO ($8.90)
Button ($16.95)
SB ($13.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.25) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, MP calls $1.25, SB folds.

Turn: ($5.75) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, MP calls $2.

River: ($9.75) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $19.85</font>, Hero????

Jouster777
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
This one partly depends on your read of villain's abilities.

Level 1: Villain should be protecting the hands you are worried about on the flop cuz he is afraid of another spade.
Level 2: You limp-called preflop so he should know he is WA/WB on the flop/river with the hands you are worried about. The one exception here is if he thinks you have A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and with 2-pair or better on the flop he would still feel the need to protect unless he has the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

On either level villain is likely to have A/images/graemlins/spade.gif so I would guess his most likely holding as A/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ with A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK being likely if he isn't very good. I'd be more worried if you think he's an above average 25NL player but I probably call anyway.

sputum
01-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Your bets are pretty weak-looking so maybe he thinks you don't like your hand.
A little under 2-1 I call vs total unknown but I'd never play this like you did vs an unknown (flop play may be OKish if MP raises small bets into his PFR a lot - a few get annoyed by this, but even then I'd bet around $2, and only with a good read)

Genz
01-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I fold this preflop, especially against a raise that hurts your implied odds.

I would play this more aggressive on all streets. I don't want to see another spade with my 9, especially because the A is not on the board. I'm thinking check/raise flop and then lead the turn for at least 2/3 potsize. He won't call with much less than a set here anyway, whatever you do.

i see me calling this every damn time, but I think you are toast here most of the time, i.e. more than 2:1.