PDA

View Full Version : Full house with trips on board

uppner
01-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Less than 20 hands played with villain, therefore no read.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $32.06
CO: $20.28
Button: $13.24
SB: $24.85
Hero: $27.45

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.4</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $3</font>, Hero calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $8</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $26.8

I guess everything is fine, except for the river, which is a push, right?

Pokey
01-02-2007, 11:09 PM
With no read, I'm looking for a raise somewhere:

Raising preflop is probably a strong choice: you likely have the best hand, and your opponent is likely making a play for the pot in a blind-vs-blind situation. Punish that choice.

Raising the flop is a good choice to boost the pot and protect against a diamond (not that he has /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, but a third diamond on the turn will slow him down and rob you of potential winnings). Incidentally, I don't think it's awful to slowplay TP2K, but that's only because you're heads-up in a blind-vs-blind situation, which plays much differently from standard poker.

Raising the turn is sexy -- your equity is solid, and there's no reason not to push your edge.

Raising (all-in) on the river is mandatory: villain calls with any full house, and you beat almost all of them.