PDA

View Full Version : $50NL 6max Do you like this line?

Speedlimits
01-02-2007, 03:19 AM
Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25./$0.50.
5 players
SB with $21.60.
BB with $95.85.
Villian is UTG with $91.60.
Hero is UTG+1 with $49.65.
Button with $46.55.
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

<font color="blue"> Pre-flop seems standard. </font>

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">I check behind here because I'm in position and wanted to get value from 88-QQ type hands, possibly K10-KQ. </font>

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">He bet very small so I put him on a weak king or possibly a Queen of clubs, KQ seems like a decent possibility? A raise here seems standard but let me know what you think.</font>

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($44.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $27.65</font>.
Uncalled bets: $2.35 returned to UTG.

<font color="blue">This bet scared me but I called with Top Two Pair, anyone fold to this bet given turn action?</font>

Results:
Final pot: $100.05

JacksMighty
01-02-2007, 03:27 AM
I don't see checking this flop as a good idea at all. You're putting your whole stack at risk for what? Unless I knew this player was extremely aggressive, I would bet the flop. I would call the turn to keep the pot small(You have two pair on a flushing board). I don't see how you're going to get action from a pair below A or K. All I see calling a raise is a set or flush.

OP_
01-02-2007, 03:36 AM
My rule of thumb against unknowns, if they bet small and raise or bet small and jam later street they have the goods.

Speedlimits
01-02-2007, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see checking this flop as a good idea at all. You're putting your whole stack at risk for what? Unless I knew this player was extremely aggressive, I would bet the flop. I would call the turn to keep the pot small(You have two pair on a flushing board). I don't see how you're going to get action from a pair below A or K. All I see calling a raise is a set or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I bet the flop and he calls. Then the turn comes A/images/graemlins/club.gif now what?

JacksMighty
01-02-2007, 03:44 AM
If a /images/graemlins/club.gif comes up, then it's up to you to either reraise or fold. I would base this on the player. If you don't know the player, prob fold. You made the player pay incorrectly for the draw, if he hits it, so what. If you were prepared to call down your stack on the river, why not just push on the turn then?