PDA

View Full Version : Folding trips under pressure. (50NL).

OP_
01-02-2007, 03:11 AM
No reads on villain as I have just sat down. I am tilting hence the preflop call.
Easy fold?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players

Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $3.75</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $9</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($31, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 is all-in $38.1</font>, Hero ?.

Edit, sorry missed stacks, around 100BB

DeuceSeven
01-02-2007, 03:20 AM
I don't know, you didn't bet/raise anywhere here. You could be outkicked or this could be AA/KK. But, yeah gotta fold.

EDIT: But in true tilt fashion get it in then rebuy. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CaseS87
01-02-2007, 03:23 AM
i dont know if i would fold the river, but i would lead the turn.

OP_
01-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Villain raise preflop, if they have a Q I am outkicked. I think that someone with AA/KK wouldn't play it this fast, and that I am looking at a Q or air.

Then again I can't lose buyin after buying so I really don't know.

DeuceSeven
01-02-2007, 03:31 AM
All right I'll give you a serious reply.

Preflop: looks fine

Flop: lead out for $3, if you're raised or called slow down.

Turn: You have to lead out, again if you're raised you can get out.

River: As played, this could be the stack a donk line here. Seems like a big bet for someone with a monster full house or trips with a bigger kicker. I hardly ever lay down trips, I'd have to have a read to lay it down.

OP_
01-02-2007, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i would lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

CaseS87
01-02-2007, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but i would lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
why?

[/ QUOTE ]

because a lot of worse 1 pair hands will call that would usually check through. if you get raised you can safely dump the hand.

OP_
01-02-2007, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

River: As played, this could be the stack a donk line here. Seems like a big bet for someone with a monster full house or trips with a bigger kicker. I hardly ever lay down trips, I'd have to have a read to lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is not fine, calling in the BB with 1 gap suited broadway is spew.

Also I don't see anything that looks like stackadonk.

Why do I "have to lead outon turn", my plan is to get 1 more bet from a good pair. If I lead out on the turn when the top card pairs I look like I am bluffing, or I have it. If I wait till the river, I can check if I think villain will valuebet a pair or bet myself hoping to get a call from a villain who has shown weakness.

DeuceSeven
01-02-2007, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is not fine, calling in the BB with 1 gap suited broadway is spew.

Also I don't see anything that looks like stackadonk.

Why do I "have to lead outon turn", my plan is to get 1 more bet from a good pair. If I lead out on the turn when the top card pairs I look like I am bluffing, or I have it. If I wait till the river, I can check if I think villain will valuebet a pair or bet myself hoping to get a call from a villain who has shown weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting better then 3:1 on your money preflop QTs is about the worst hand I'd call with OOP. However if you're new at the table I probably fold, so disregard my preflop advice. I generally play straight forward when I'm new at a table. I bet my good hands/draws, check/fold my bad hands early (first 10-15 hands), so I don't get tricky checking the turn, what could you have that you check/called the flop bet with? That's one hell of a dry board. If I'm villain I'm putting you on JJ-77, trips, or a boat by the turn. Check/calling the flop on a dry board then check/calling on a paired turn shows alot of strength, might as well get value/obtain info by leading out.

I don't know how you don't go broke with trips against an unknown villain (part of the reason you don't call raises with QT in the bb).

OP_
01-02-2007, 04:13 AM
yes check calling turn shows alot of strength. My check was to get value on the river from a villain who checks behind on the turn. In this case they didn't. If you bet out I think you will only get action if you are beaten or they suspect a bluff.
In general I rarely bet into someone who bet the previous street, so I have little feeling for the situation

OP_
01-02-2007, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're getting better then 3:1 on your money preflop QTs is about the worst hand I'd call with OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

QT is either going to flop top pair medium kicker or a draw.
Both of which you do not want to be playing out of position. Thinking about it in terms of 3:1 on your money preflop is a bad idea in my opinion.