PDA

View Full Version : 25NL, Raising the OESD, then making it

PotatoStew
01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
MP3 here is very loose passive preflop, around 52% VP$IP. Post flop he's somewhat aggressive at times.

BB is also pretty loose, and rather aggressive preflop (22% PFR).

Feedback on all streets is appreciated - particularly concerning my flop raise.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($21.55)
UTG+1 ($25)
MP1 ($25)
MP2 ($25.90)
MP3 ($50.55)
CO ($9.80)
Hero ($31.05)
SB ($20.35)
BB ($18.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3.35) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3.75</font>, MP3 calls $3.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls $5.25.

Turn: ($25.10) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $21.05 (All-In)</font>

_TKO_
01-02-2007, 01:24 AM
I would fold in both spots preflop. Your flop raise is hurting in terms of FE vs both players, and your "OESD" isn't quite what it seems (since many players will hold on to an A here, thereby crushing the low-end). I would probably fold the flop, but calling is certainly better than your raise here.

PotatoStew
01-02-2007, 01:27 AM
Am I understanding you correctly that you would fold JQo preflop on the button after 2 limpers?

wingchunflush
01-02-2007, 01:30 AM
I think pf your fine I dont play full ring though. I think calling on the flop is better than raising.

PotatoStew
01-02-2007, 01:31 AM
Also, corrct me if I'm wrong, but a plain ace doesn't crush my low end draw - he'd be missing a queen. If a 9 comes, the only way I'm not good is if he has AQ.

Bowlboy
01-02-2007, 01:32 AM
I think limping this on the button here is fine, but I dunno about calling that raise.

_TKO_
01-02-2007, 01:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, corrct me if I'm wrong, but a plain ace doesn't crush my low end draw - he'd be missing a queen. If a 9 comes, the only way I'm not good is if he has AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad; I thought you were paired with the Q.

_TKO_
01-02-2007, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I understanding you correctly that you would fold JQo preflop on the button after 2 limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a reverse-domo hand to me, but I'm not sure the typical limping range in FR games, unless it's live, in which case limping range is any two.

PotatoStew
01-02-2007, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think limping this on the button here is fine, but I dunno about calling that raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I would think twice about it and might not do it. But as I said, the preflop raiser was about 22% PFR. Considering I had the button it seemed reasonable, but I could be wrong.

PotatoStew
01-02-2007, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like a reverse-domo hand to me, but I'm not sure the typical limping range in FR games, unless it's live, in which case limping range is any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, again, these two were pretty loose PF - 52%, and the other guy wasn't too much tighter. Of course, to be honest, I probably still would have limped even if they were quite a bit tighter. Maybe that's too sketchy, I don't know.

Fallen00
01-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I dont like the flop raise at all.. you have OESD with medium pair.. you could well be up against an already made better straight.

Dennisa
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
At best on the flop you have 11 outs. If you make two pair its worthless as on this co-ordinated board you will loose a majority of the time to a better two pair or str8. Even with trips you have some kicker issues.

Once you make your hand on the turn, I dont like the near psb. You blow away almost any hand that does not have a queen. I think we can easily eliminate villian having a set as you would of been all inon the flop. No flush is possible, so I think you can assume villian has two pair. In this situation you want to bet an amount that he will call. If this is me on the turn I bet $7-8 to make it incorrect for villian to keep drawing to the FH with his most likely two pair hand, but allows you to get the rest in on a safe river and let villian make a crying call.

Quester
01-02-2007, 12:54 PM
I think your play is fine. Preflop, JQo is just fine to limp OTB after 2 limpers. Calling the raise from BB is okay because MP3 is staying in the hand. I play 6-max, not FR, but I'm not tossing this given the looseness of the raiser and MP3.

I like the semi-bluff raise on the flop because you're trapping MP3 and BB could be c-betting. I think this is a good play given MP3's stack size.

When you spike the A on the turn you're splitting with AQ and killing anything else. 2 pair is calling this almost always.

Your play was quite aggressive, but I think it's good given your position, the stack sizes, and your reads. NH, IMO.