PDA

View Full Version : 50 NL 2 pair flop

Tony Montana 22
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
villan is 15/11/ 2.5 over 60 hands

Is pushing flop c/r better or worse?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($58.25)
UTG ($28.50)
MP ($143.15)
Hero ($53.75)
Button ($51.65)
SB ($48.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($5) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9.75</font>, Hero calls $7.25.

Turn: ($24.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($24.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $24.50

Chomp
01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I'd play it the same, except I'd bet flop for more.

I think you just got unlucky here after the flop and could have reasonably expected another street or 2 of value from villain's AQ if you just call his flop raise.

I mean, he's not c/r a draw and I don't think a set at 50NL raises this hard, so I think this is AQ which he may well fold if you push.

And on the off-chance he has a set, you'll find this out on 4th st. as he might call bets with AQ, but I'm sure he's not leading hard with it after you call flop.

Berge20
01-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd lead for more on the flop and also just call the raise.

I don't see why AQ or a boat wouldn't bet the river there. Looks like a pocket pair that got scared of the second queen. Regardless, you are behind I think and unless villian has shown the ability to lay hands down a check behind seems fine to me

Chomp
01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead for more on the flop and also just call the raise.

I don't see why AQ or a boat wouldn't bet the river there. Looks like a pocket pair that got scared of the second queen. Regardless, you are behind I think and unless villian has shown the ability to lay hands down a check behind seems fine to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the heart scared villain on the river.

And I'm really not sure a PP (say 66-JJ) raises flop.

(Unless he thinks heros bet looks weak, but I think that is an unlikely thing for a villain to do at these stakes even if villain's 15/11 suggests he is not a total donk by any means.)

pineapple888
01-01-2007, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd play it the same, except I'd bet flop for more.

I think you just got unlucky here after the flop and could have reasonably expected another street or 2 of value from villain's AQ if you just call his flop raise.

I mean, he's not c/r a draw and I don't think a set at 50NL raises this hard, so I think this is AQ which he may well fold if you push.

And on the off-chance he has a set, you'll find this out on 4th st. as he might call bets with AQ, but I'm sure he's not leading hard with it after you call flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

IDK, you really need more of a read than just the stats here. Villain seems somewhat nitty from the stats, but there are good nits and awful nits. I could see a slow-played AA/KK here, and a bad nit ain't folding those hands, so I'd just get it in on the flop in that case, plus I wouldn't be shocked to see AQ call in any case.

My main concern is a diamond killing the action.

But in general a call is fine, I just think there are times to shove.

21SuicideKing21
01-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Well I think you could have made it more there on the flop and also I feel that you played it fine but that Queen was just a really bad card for you. So he might have had jacks or something like that but I really dont think you could have gotten anymore out of that hand.