PDA

View Full Version : 10NL: Line check with suited ace.

Sean Fraley
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I've been at the table for about an hour, and have been rather aggressive. In the past orbit I've one a couple of decent hands, one of which was due to a player slowplaying a set of kings, allowing me to draw to a straight. Button has started flat calling preflop the past few hands that I opened for a raise. I think that he is starting to play back, but hasn't gotten to the point of three betting me.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Hero: $16.30
CO: $18.80
Button: $9.35
SB: $8.20
BB: $3

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, CO folds, Button calls, 2 folds.
Flop is heads up, and I have a draw to the nut flush. This is basically a combination c-bet/semi-bluff.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.7</font>, Button calls.

I think that Button might have called the flop with nothing, since he seems to be getting tired of my-cbets. When he bets after I check, I call because I have a pair and he might be betting simply because I've showed weakness.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.35, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2</font>, Hero calls.

River: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($6.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, Button folds.
Uncalled bets: $6 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $6.35

shoxbb6
01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Flop is good, Turn is good if you think he's playing back at you with nothing. River is an easy value bet, definitely not a psb.

Sean Fraley
01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River is an easy value bet, definitely not a psb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is something that I have to start keeping in mind. I just moved up from $2NL, where on the river players basically either fold to any bet, or call anything short of a shove.

CaptVimes
01-01-2007, 10:20 PM
If you don't think villain will call your river value bet you may want to consider just checking to him. Since you showed weakness on the turn he may try to bluff the river. When you bet into him on the river I think you pretty much show your hand as either a straight or flush.

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't think villain will call your river value bet you may want to consider just checking to him. Since you showed weakness on the turn he may try to bluff the river. When you bet into him on the river I think you pretty much show your hand as either a straight or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

most of the time you should bet this

Jigsaws
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Preflop is so-so. OTB this is an easy raise, but UTG it's marginal.

I would bet the turn, hoping he folds a 4, 5 or 66-99.

River bet is fine. I doubt he's betting it w/o the A, and he might shove over you w/ the 6.