View Full Version : Nitty stats

AshleyC
01-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Playing $50NL 6 max I have:

VPIP of 16%
PFR 12%
Pre-flop AF 2.71
Total AF 3.23.

These stats seem VERY tight compared to those banded around this site, however, when I am playing I find that if I go above this I am 3 bet lightly, floated on, bluff raised etc as I get a lousy image. I thought that my stats were just low as my sample of hands was small, however, it is now 20k + and they have not changed, so I figure that I may need to loosen up pre-flop.

I am wondering what ranges of hands people play / raise with to be more LAG-y. It obviously depends on the situation / image / table but generally speaking:

UTG: all pairs / AK/AQ/ and depending on the situation AJ/KQ
MP: as above + KQ/AJ/KJ/ATs/JQs and often suited connectors down to 45s.
CO: as above + almost all suited connectors, KT/A9s/JQ etc
Button: a whole load of junk, my attempt to steal blinds is 23%.
Blinds: I play very tight.

If there has been a raise infront of me I play very tightly and often fold AQ when OOP, and KQ/AJ etc in position. I call most raises with any pair hoping to hit a set, and if we are deep enough and there has been at least one caller before me I call a raise with suited connectors. If there has been a couple of limpers infront of me I play pretty tightly.

From the above I really do not see how I have such 'nitty' stats. What other ranges of hands do other play in different positions?