PDA

View Full Version : $50nl 6m, w/JJ. donk play or good bets

1gotth3nuts
01-01-2007, 05:47 PM
My thinking was that he could have TT/JJ/QQ/KK and be afraid of the ace. so my betting could take him off his hand (representing AK). Obviously by the river i didn't think he'd fold, so i checked behind.

I lost this hand, but is this type of play +EV?

EDIT - he had AA.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($12.45)
MP ($49.50)
Hero ($66.15)
Button ($19.05)
SB ($88.45)
BB ($25.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($12.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, SB calls $8.

Turn: ($28.50) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, SB calls $16.

River: ($60.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $60.50

shoxbb6
01-01-2007, 06:30 PM
The flop bet is definitely marginal.
Your hand has some showdown value, and the only things that are going to call your flop bet is an ace or a stubborn KK. I'd rather just check behind here and try to get to a cheap showdown.

The turn bet after the he check/called the turn is definitely spew. It's also a bad card if he was floating with QQ. But definitely do not fire this turn, just check behind.

mlane
01-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Yea the whole hand just sucked, with his doodoo re-raise and no reads i pretty much just play this hand for set value and move on, its not about pots its about bets. And the flop and turn bet sux.

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 06:37 PM
depends on villain, how tight is his r/r range pf? If it's QQ+ AK then flop is o.k. and as shox said turn is bad, the only hand that folds is KK. River is fine

dankus
01-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Only the river was played right.

I don't mind the flop bet, but I would highly consider not doing it.

Turn bet, I don't like.

Shaddux
01-01-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the flop bet. With a reraise pf, and an A on the flop, villain probably leads with AK and AQ. Also, JJ has no showdown value, and it is possible to fold better hands like QQ and KK. After that, I probably shut down (although some players probably c/c flop and fold turn with KK).

1gotth3nuts
01-01-2007, 11:02 PM
Thats what I was thinking, though I guess I coulda just checked turn and hope for a free showdown.

Sean Fraley
01-01-2007, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was that he could have TT/JJ/QQ/KK and be afraid of the ace. so my betting could take him off his hand (representing AK).

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm only playing $10NL, There are only four hands that most players would even recognize you trying to represent: A made flush, a made straight (if the board has three consecutive cards showing), trips, or quads.

Shaddux
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was that he could have TT/JJ/QQ/KK and be afraid of the ace. so my betting could take him off his hand (representing AK).

[/ QUOTE ]

While I'm only playing $10NL, There are only four hands that most players would even recognize you trying to represent: A made flush, a made straight (if the board has three consecutive cards showing), trips, or quads.

[/ QUOTE ]
what?

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 11:23 PM
wrong post sean?

Shaddux
01-01-2007, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wrong post sean?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's clearly responding to OP.

barryc83
01-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I like the flop bet if you think he can fold QQ+. But as soon as he calls the flop you are done. Turn bet is not good here, if he called on the flop w/ QQ/KK he's probably too stubborn to ditch the big PP.

Sean Fraley
01-02-2007, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I misinterpreted OP's statement about representing AK as also trying to send a message to another ace that he had the best kicker, which from what I've seen in the micros is something that most players just won't get.