PDA

View Full Version : AKo in the SB - double barrel get's called, but I have TPTK

Triggerle
01-01-2007, 05:29 PM
No reads and I am taking a shot at NL50, so I don't have too much experience with general table dynamics.

I have no idea how to play this. Should I block the river? If yes, for how much?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
CO: $40.30
BUTTON: $73.05
Hero (SB): $49.25
BB: $27.50
UTG: $50.75

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
CO calls, BUTTON folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, CO calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($20.75, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $15</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $15 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $20.75

jimpo
01-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I would say check-call the river. I think this is the classic situation where there are two draws (flush and straight), one got there and the other one did not. If you bet you will only lose, since villain calls only when you are beat (if he is a reasonable player). By checking, you give the villain good spot to bluff with a busted flush draw (or even bluff / value bet a worse pair).

How big a bet to call? I have no idea to be honest, and it is opponent / read dependant. I might call the $15. $10 I am calling without much stress about it.

Plus, I think you are maybe not betting enough on the flop and especially turn considering there are lots of draws.

Waingro
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Bet more on the flop and turn, river is an easy cf. You have to be fairly certain he does this with a busted draw, because I canīt really see him vbing worse hands here unless he is an idiot and you gave us no read that he is. I mean, look at the board. Your average LAP will have a straight or 2pair like always after this action.

RAHZero
01-01-2007, 06:30 PM
If you're going to c-bet this (which I may or may not do OOP depending on how often CO calls c-bets), make it more. There are multiple draws on that flop, so you'd probably want to pot it if you had a hand. The same applies when you don't. As played, you're probably ahead on the turn, though QJ made it's draw. Here, you can either check for pot control (pretty weak), or bet out. If you bet out, you need to make it much more. Your $5 bet wasn't even half the pot. Make it at least $8 or so to charge all of the draws. As played, the river is tough. The flush draw missed, but any Q has you beat. I'd probably check-fold to that bet, maybe call once in a while or if villain is bluff-happy.

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm not cbetting this flop into 2 opponents.

Triggerle
01-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Must be a converter mistake. It was HU to the flop.

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 06:38 PM
oh right, this is still marginal though even against one, all comes down to your reads and his reads on you.

barryc83
01-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Fold river against unknown. This could easily be 2 pair or a flush draw w/ Qs that made a straight.

Oranzith
01-02-2007, 01:08 AM
what do you mean marginal cbet? BET the flop. only type of flops im not cbetting is AQT or JKA or something high and connected.

once the king hits, im sitting on TPTK on a kinda drawy board. C/C turn and river marginal bets unless 4straight hits