PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max: JJ set

Merlinius
01-01-2007, 05:02 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($46.40)
SB ($52.95)
BB ($21.55)
UTG ($7.15)
Hero ($61.35)
CO ($125.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, CO calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.25, BB calls $2, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($12.50) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, CO folds, SB calls $9.

Turn: ($36.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $46.85</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $88.35

Was the all-in too big on the turn? I didn't want to give him the outs to draw to a straight (or backdoor flush)...

Bowlboy
01-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I think I'd make this $30 to go. You're still not giving him odds to call but against some you might get a call here from AK, KQ, KJ.

Atlanta Andrew
01-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes, a little too big in this spot, I think. Remember that your goal is to get villain to make as big a mistake as possible chasing his draw, not to blow him out of the hand.

Let's make two assumptions: 1) You are going to the felt with this hand &amp; 2) Villain has eight outs (yes, could be more or less but this is probably a good average assumption).

So villain is a 4.75 to 1 dog with his eight outs, and you are only offering him about 2.25 to 1 odds to call an all-in raise with his remaining $33.45.

I think most villains will realize that they are obviously not correct to call in this spot, and a more appropriate bet would be to offer villain something like 3.5 - 1. This would require a raise to about $27 instead of your raise to $38.45. Villain is far more likely to incorrectly call in this case, and you are still giving yourself a little padding if villain has more than eight outs.

Your all-in raise would definitely be correct if villain had some sort of 15-out monster draw, but he will have that type of hand not nearly as often as a 4 - 9 out hand.

-Andrew

wingchunflush
01-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I dont really see a problem here with this raise. After his $5 bet that puts the pot at $41 that is almost our entire stack. I am ok with putting the pressure on now and taking the pot down here and not having to dodge a river card. There are some decent players at nl50 but some are not.

shoxbb6
01-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I'd raise to $15-16 on the flop, basically a pot-sized bet as it makes it easier to get it in on the turn if villian donks again. Pushing the turn over that donk bet is the only play IMO.

TheCutter
01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd make this $30 to go. You're still not giving him odds to call but against some you might get a call here from AK, KQ, KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
$30? If he does that and gets a call his remaining stack is like 2/13th of the pot... Push.

CaucasianAsian29
01-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I like to bet alittle more on the flop, usually a pot sized bet. this puts more into the pot helping you to stack him in the end, and I think he will usually call pot sized if he's calling 12.

When he bet's $5 on the turn, I think he's scared and is making a weak attempt at a blocking bet. Still you have to raise him, and the all in is prob a decent line, esp if you made a psb on the flop.

Sean Fraley
01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$30? If he does that and gets a call his remaining stack is like 2/13th of the pot... Push.

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic concept is figuring out how to bet and still get called. All shoving the turn did was force SB to play correctly. It doesn't matter how big Hero's stack will be on the river so long as the bet on the turn was the right size to induce SB to make a correct call. Even if hero has only a pittance to shove on the river, he would have likely made more than he would have with SB folding the turn.