PDA

View Full Version : 25NL AKo; got a feeling I totally mis/overplayed this.

Rochus
01-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $22.45
Button: $20.85
SB: $65.75
Rochus: $21.20

Pre-flop: (4 players) Rochus is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Rochus raises to $3</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, Rochus calls, UTG calls.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Rochus is all-in $16.95</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $16.95 returned to Rochus.

Results:
Final pot: $12

UTG = 48/25/0.9 over 40-ish hands, no reads
SB = 39/13/ over 150~ hands, the reads I got on him are that he raises any A/x 4x bb preflop and he bets weak postflop when he is weak or on a draw

Preflop: (I should have reloaded I know)
I think my reraise is too weak since I'm out of position and this should be about 4-5$

Flop:
I get 10-to-1 odds and decide to call this

Turn:
I hit my moneycard but this is where I got lost in the hand, I know SB would raise with any ace-weak, don't know about his calling range though. So he could have made two pair here. But since he's betting weak I'm putting him on the flushdraw or some other strange draw. At this time the pot is $12~ and I have about 16$ left in my stack, I don't want him to draw and If I bet 1/2 to 3/4 of the pot I'll have about 8-10$ left on the flop and I'll probebly won't be folding if the flushcard hits because I know he could be holding a weaker ace. I decided to push here because I've got to bet this and I don't want let him draw or get committed.

The problem here is I lose value because I'm only getting called by hands that beat me here... so I probebly [censored] this hand up hard. Opinions?

jdefoe
01-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I think you should have bet 2/3 of the pot on the turn and try to get it in on the river. I put UTG on 88

Bowlboy
01-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I raise this flop, unless I have a read that SB is going to lead into me with such a weak bet with a monster hand. From my experience these small bets are almost always complete air.