PDA

View Full Version : 76 blind defense hits flush

z28dreams
01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, Button calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($18.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $21</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $60.25

Villain is very agg (70/23) and i'm looking to defend my blinds here. Meant to make the r/r bigger, ($5-6), don't bother commenting on that.

Hand is pretty standard until the river. He overbets pot. Do I just call or is this a clear raise?

lsaw2
01-01-2007, 03:44 PM
It looks like a very passive AK or even 99 played weird?
The call is fine, I like the flop lead (by that I mean thats how I would play and size it.)

Due to the cards you hold, i'm struggling to think of how he could have a flush unless he was a maniac; so anyone think there is value in an aaaaaaarrrrrrr in ?

PS what are stack sizes?

z28dreams
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
We both have around 100bb's

Sean Fraley
01-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I would raise here. Villain is aggressive, so I don't see AK, but as lsaw2 said, a pair of nines would make sense. Another possibility is villain following up his blind steal with a float. If he's floating, you're folding him, if he has nines, your possibly stacking him, and if he has a flush, just hope that he doesn't have a card higher than five.

Imrahil
01-01-2007, 03:55 PM
If you want to raise villain out re-raise PF to $5.50. River I bet/3bet AI.

AKQJ10
01-01-2007, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so anyone think there is value in an aaaaaaarrrrrrr in ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Unlikely to get called, but he's also unlikely to think you have a flush, and with the flush ace in view it's somewhat less likely you're losing to a bigger flush. On your best days he caught a set or two pair and calls.

Tip for the OP: Neil Dewhurst's converter lets you set a preference to use stack sizes. You should turn that on. (Don't try to set prefs and parse a hand at the same time, though. Just set the prefs, then paste in your hand once the prefs are set.)