PDA

View Full Version : How to read poker ace stats,

JP9
01-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Been using the program for about 1 week now, I wanted to know how you guys are reading the stats and how you think they translate to your opponents play.

With the stats you get on each person, given a decent amount of HH..

-Nit
-Lag
-Tag
-Manic

Thanks,

udbrky
01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't use it to label.

I use it to narrow down starting hand range.
See who calls PF raises a lot but gives up after the flop.
Who goes to the river with a lot of weak hands.

I don't think I use it as much lately like I used to, I try to use it to confirm reads rather than make reads - like "Wow, I think this guy's raised 4 hands in a row, oh he's 100/88, yeah." Or, "Does this guy ever have a strong hand at showdown? Nope, he's 0/12 when goes to showdown."

I think just using it to label will get you in trouble and you'll stay with a hand against a label that you shouldn't and ignore the other evidence at hand.

Bowlboy
01-01-2007, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't use it to label.

I use it to narrow down starting hand range.
See who calls PF raises a lot but gives up after the flop.
Who goes to the river with a lot of weak hands.

I don't think I use it as much lately like I used to, I try to use it to confirm reads rather than make reads - like "Wow, I think this guy's raised 4 hands in a row, oh he's 100/88, yeah." Or, "Does this guy ever have a strong hand at showdown? Nope, he's 0/12 when goes to showdown."

I think just using it to label will get you in trouble and you'll stay with a hand against a label that you shouldn't and ignore the other evidence at hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 6tables at once and dont have that much time to make too many observational reads on all of my opponents. When I have like 200+ hands on an opponent, I do label their style and adjust to it accordingly. Some might say that 200 hands is'nt enough, but if you play 200 hands with somebody and they are a calling station you know it. So take them to value town on every hand. If somebody is LAG then after 200 hands you know it. If somebody is nitty after 200 hands they are nitty. Sure there might be a few exceptions, but I dont think you need a lot of hands to start applying labels to players. You definitely do need to take a lot of other things into account and play it one hand at a time.

JP9
01-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks