PDA

View Full Version : NL25 - A8s vs. Calling Station

cuQa
01-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Villain is 55/10.8 ..

I went into that hand because the opponent is a calling station if he has TP. That flop was definitly a dream!

but the turn kinda scared me :/

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($24.50)
SB ($24.20)
BB ($19.50)
UTG ($37.45)
Hero ($40.15)
CO ($24.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.25</font>, UTG calls $2.75.

Turn: ($10.85) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

River: ($22.85) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
umm.... raise?

cuQa
01-01-2007, 01:46 PM
that Queen really scared me, it perfectly fits to the preflopraise range and he still got a lot of money behind. Didnt want to give him the opportunity to re-raise me all-in and Im forced to call..
Finally I raised him and was instantly faced with an All-In reraise .. I called and he fortunately showed AJ ..

Unknown Soldier
01-01-2007, 01:50 PM
far far too weak, you have a massive hand, yeah AQ fits so does any other ace pretty much. If you don't want to get all your money in here you probably shouldnt be playing no-limit. You just cant be too cautious, you'll loose alot of value.

SCBielski
01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
For the love of god, ARRRR INNNNN! I don't know what you could possibly be waiting for. You have a callstation betting into you on the river and you have the second nut hand. If this isn't an obvious play to you then you must not like money very much and should consider playing craps. You can't play scared, holla.

kawelljd
01-01-2007, 04:45 PM
“I went into that hand because the opponent is a calling station if he has TP.”

This is a bad hand to call with preflop for this reason. His preflop raising range doesn’t likely include ace-littles which are mostly where you are going to make your money here. His range does likely include aces with higher kickers than yours which means you will likely loose a lot of money when an ace comes out on the flop.

You are only going to flop 2 pair(using both hole cards) or better 1 out of 25 times with unpaired suited hole cards, although countering that is the fact that you guys are playing 150 BB deep.

He will probably also call down a lot with less than top pair which also helps, but I think this is still a fold preflop due to the large amount of money you loose with a bad kicker against his range.

River is an easy raise – 3rd nuts against a calling station who has played this like A10, AJ, or AK.

cuQa
01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I was chasing something like this and wouldnt have paid him with TP because if I would have get it that he has an Ace I could have been sure that I was dominated. That was the main reason why I was so scared of the Queen. Normally it's an easy raise, but I felt very bad in that situation and I saw me beaten when he faced me with an all-in reraise.

sippin_criss
01-01-2007, 06:24 PM
fold pf, only really gonna get paid if you make 2 pr or a flush with ace-rag. bet more on the turn for value and definitely shove the river.