PDA

View Full Version : 25NL AJs flops trips, way ahead way behind?

jimpo
01-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Opponent is 36/9/0.8 after 126 hands when I look at PT now, but when I played this hand the stats were much more aggressive, I think 30/20/5 or thereabouts.

Flop is way ahead way behind situation I guess. What is the best way to play these? I thought odds are that he does not have an ace (only one left in the deck), and hence I should just let him keep betting at me with almost dead hand. However: if he has an ace he will probably call down decent sized bets. And if he does not have an ace I am not likely to extract much more after flop, unless he is a real maniac. So maybe I should have concentrated on playing optimally against a lower ace?

What would be your approach and gameplan on the flop?

I am not confortable with the turn and I really hate the river. On the river I thought that since he is aggressive, I have just called down and showed no aggression, and flush card is a perfect bluff card, there was high likelihood that he was bluffing. I guess not enough for calling $20 into $29 pot, though (?)

I know the turn and river "pop out" most but I would love to hear comments on the flop play and general approach to these kind of situations as well.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($25)
Hero ($25.50)
Button ($24.93)
SB ($10.55)
BB ($15.15)
UTG ($25.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.25. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP (poster) raises to $0.75</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($2.35) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1.25</font>, Hero calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.85) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

River: ($8.85) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP calls $24.75 (All-In), Hero calls $20.75.

Final Pot: $54.35

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has 9s Ah (full house, aces full of nines).
Hero has Jc Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: MP wins $50.35. Hero wins $4. </font>

Sir Winalot
01-01-2007, 02:43 PM
With your read at the moment I think preflop call is ok, but I really don't mind a 3-bet either. I think calling the flop is ok, but I would probably raise the turn to get some value. With his weakish turn lead he could also think that we're raising on a bluff as his hand doesn't really smell like an A.

River, meh, I think it's probably best to fold there unless he's been bluffhappy in addition to being aggro. I would probably have to think about the river, but I doubt I would have the dicipline to fold there though.

But I'm not sure my river advice qualifies, as I took a look at the results. You probably should have left them out. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jimpo
01-01-2007, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

But I'm not sure my river advice qualifies, as I took a look at the results. You probably should have left them out. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....I guess I just wanted to share the pain :P