PDA

View Full Version : Big Slick vs maniac

matrix
01-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $1.35
MP: $50
CO: $37.80
Hero (BTN): $114.65
SB: $81.85 <font color="blue">20/17/6 TAG - probably 2p2</font>
BB: $67.65 <font color="blue">73/20/5 maniac</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $10.50</font>, BB calls $10, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls $7.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($32.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, Hero ???

whats the plan here?

orange
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
raise, don't fold.

orange
01-01-2007, 11:43 AM
i might also consider shoving pf to isolate maniac, if he'll call w. a wide range.

AshleyC
01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Raise to $20. Be done with the hand, if SB calls or raises. If just BB calls push the turn.

matrix
01-01-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd shove this pre at $100NL, I decided to call as I'm OTB and I'm not sure what range SB is reraising - Generally people at 50 don't 3bet anything like as much as at 100 so their ranges are narrower - but if any player is going to be 3bet stealing it's likely to be a 20/17/6 type.

How much do you raise?

HoldemPokerPlyr
01-01-2007, 11:57 AM
He could have something like Queens or Jacks

matrix
01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $10.50</font>, BB calls $10, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero calls $7.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($32.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB folds, BB calls $19.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [J/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($72.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets all in for $37.65</font>, Hero calls $37.65

standard?

Warteen
01-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm usually shoving preflop.

matrix
01-03-2007, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm usually shoving preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=8616572&amp;an=0&amp;page=0&amp;gone w=1#8616641)

Heine
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
looks like a split at best

Heine
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
oh, for what its worth, i can't fold this against maniacs

RepulseMonkey
01-03-2007, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets $0.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB folds, BB calls $19.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [J/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($72.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets all in for $37.65</font>, Hero calls $37.65

standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you've come this far you might as well.

QT/JJ ? wtf

What do you have him on after he calls both pf and the flop raise ? I think push pf is probably good here.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif

matrix
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
I don't think pushing preflop is goot.

Peoples 3bet ranges are much tighter generally at $50NL than at higher levels, the games are nowhere near as aggressive preflop IME.

I think a push only gets called preflop by the SB when he has AA/KK, if BB was to act behind me then I like a push here.

If I flat call pre I am calling getting 3:1 odds in a reraised family pot on the button,with the best drawing hand you can get.

What does pushing preflop do for me?

I don't think maniac villain calls a push.

I think he has AK/AQ/AJ/A9/KJ/K9s/QT/KK/JJ/99

AK is unlikely as I can see 2 aces and 2 kings - KK even less likely so I think I'm ahead of his range here on average.

I settled on $20 as a flop bet as I'm wary of SB who may have AA/KK (and who I think is going to c/r if he has AA/KK/AK) it's chunky enough not to look weak and to fold out hands that totally miss, and if it gets called and the turn is safe enough I can push stack in on turn without overbetting.

udbrky
01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
I think you're getting called by AQ, AJ, maybe AT a lot to likely be ahead here rather than split.

udbrky
01-03-2007, 01:30 PM
What's his stats on calling pf raises?

Pokey
01-03-2007, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What does pushing preflop do for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. According to your description, it folds out AK (a hand you'd HATE to see in a three-way pot) and QQ- (hands that are ahead of you hot-and-cold). Winning a 50 BB pot preflop with AK is a huge coup, and worth pursuing.

2. It folds out maniac, getting you at least heads-up with a hand that plays much better heads-up than multiway.

3. It buys you all five flop cards with a hand that really wants to see all five.

4. It makes SB less likely to play back at you in the future, letting you isolate with position against the maniac more frequently.

5. It takes your best shot at stealing the dead money in the pot, and there's a TON of dead money in the pot.

6. There are some big FTOP mistakes to be made in this hand; let THEM make 'em preflop, not you postflop.

7. Pushing gives you two ways to win (they both fold or someone calls and you wind up with the best hand). Smooth-calling reduces you down to one way to win (you hit a hand on the flop AND your opponents don't have a better one).

8. Your ability to extract on a good flop will likely be very small. If SB has JJ, he's not going to be paying much to see a river if the flop comes with an ace. You'll certainly win a bit more, but not a ton. And if the flop comes A-J-x, you're going to lose your stack.

Even if SB has KK every time and calls, you're looking at a roughly EV-neutral situation. Besides, I'd hate to be in a situation where I'm usually folding to c-bet on the flop, here. As a general rule, AK all-in preflop isn't a mistake, but AK all-in postflop often is. Get it in while the numbers still look good for your hand.

P.S.: I'd usually agree with Trixy about smooth-calling in a multiway pot with AK, but here the preflop pot is WAY too big not to fight over it. Pushing gives you the best chance at winning preflop, and gives you the best chance at winning postflop. I'd take the chance.

Warteen
01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the back-up, Pokey. I knew I had a reason (or eight) for pushing there.

Check_The_Nuts
01-04-2007, 04:16 PM
wow I shove here always preflop, but then again in a semi tight game no one respects my button preflop raises ever...