PDA

View Full Version : Weak from blinds

AshleyC
01-01-2007, 11:20 AM
I think that I may play too weak from the blinds sometimes.

Fold SB to steal: 91%
Fold BB to steal: 90%
Fold BB to steal HU: 88%
VPIP SB: 21.92%
VPIP BB: 8.92%

Hand 1:

I check fold the turn here against 2 players when the flush draw hits. Too weak? From showdown it appears so in this hand, but generally?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.80
CO: $38.30
Button: $25.10
Hero: $98
BB: $67.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2, 5 players)
Hero bets $1.45, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.35, 4 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.5, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($7.35, 3 players)
BB checks, CO bets $0.5, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $8.35
CO showed Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB showed 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hand 2:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Hand 2:

Stack sizes:
UTG: $51.75
UTG+1: $33.15
CO: $63.80
Button: $109.35
SB: $50.55
Hero: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.25, 2 players)
Hero bets $1, UTG+1 raises to $2, Hero?

Min raise often signifies a draw here I've read, but I don't really want to re-raise here OOP with top pair weak kicker. Call, what do I do on blank turn / river? Fold is too weak here?

orange
01-01-2007, 11:47 AM
hand 1: raise pre, i would bet the turn generally though check is okay. i would call his weak bet, c/f-ing tp for .50 is no goot.

hand 2: i would either fold now or call/chec-fold turn.

AshleyC
01-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Hand 1: AJo OOP against UTG, CO and maybe BB I don't like raising here. How many raise here, how many call as I did?

Spanky1974
01-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Hand #1 Raise pre-flop. Bet flop. Bet turn. CF to a minbet is so bad here, that I can't read anymore...........

AKQJ10
01-01-2007, 05:56 PM
AJ in blind: I usually call preflop, but it's marginal. Are you in a game where people often limp with AK and AQ (arrrgh, I hate that, but I guess the deception works for them)?

Definitely don't fold to .50. Maybe raise to about $4 to pick off a probable semibluff. Occasionally call and check-call a non-heart.

Hand 2: Yet another case where I like the dreaded 3-bet/fold. Perhaps this is a huge leak for me, except that I don't recall doing it all that much.

With all those draws, you're probably against one. I three bet 50% (reevaluating based on opponent), call 25%, fold 25%, unless strong reads militate to the contrary.

CaptVimes
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: AJo OOP against UTG, CO and maybe BB I don't like raising here. How many raise here, how many call as I did?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate AJo out of the blinds but I hate it worse against more than 2 villains, and prefer it heads up. That is why you raise preflop because you don't want to give a lot of people a chance to hit a monster.

RAHZero
01-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Hand 1:
With two limpers, raising and calling both have their merits PF. Nothing wrong with just completing, but I'd throw a nice raise out every now and then. The flop is great for you, giving you TPTK. The only worry is the flush draw, so charge it and bet the full pot here ($2). In a crowded field with really only one draw, which hit on the turn, I don't mind the turn check, though I would bet quite often. As played, you can't fold to that bet. You're getting ridiculous pot odds, and have a heart yourself, which could be worth something. You need to at least call and reevaluate the river here.

Hand 2:
I'd call the minraise and re-eval the turn. You don't want to play a big pot with TPWK, but you can't just fold given your pot odds and the draws out there. If the turn blanks, I'd consider leading to prevent him from taking a free card, but I'm mostly folding the turn if he continues to show strength.