PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair worth a raise here?

AshleyC
01-01-2007, 10:55 AM
I realise that AJ is a junk hand against a re-raise, but it was a min re-raise and I had positon. Also, I didn't want him thinking that I was raising the button light giving him reign to 3 bet me later on as this was at the start of the session. Post flop, he check calls the flop / turn and then leads at the river, which I think is a very strong line. He bets $4 and has $11 more dollars behind. Is there value in raising him all in here with two pair or is his range well ahead of 2 pair?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $85.75
Hero: $64.30
SB: $38.10
BB: $48.50

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $3.5, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $5.5, SB calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($18.5, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $14, SB calls.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($46.5, 2 players)
SB bets $4, Hero raises to $16, SB calls all-in $11.1.
Uncalled bets: $0.9 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $76.7

Fiksdal
01-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Damn SB played this a lot like AA, on every street actually.

allbad
01-01-2007, 12:21 PM
up until the river it looks like a draw. Maybe it was a weak steal attempt on the river? He could have started with something like 98s or even Axs. I think it's unlikely he had a set because he's up against a possible flush and straight. If I were in villian's situation and had a set I'd make a sizable bet on the flop and probably fold if raised.

What would you have done if the villian bet on the flop? probably called or folded, not raised right? You're also looking at possible straight and flush draw, and then his possible sets.