PDA

View Full Version : QQ in button,4-bet pf,two checks behind me on A-high flop. What to do?

eternal_
01-01-2007, 07:22 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($10.65)
MP ($10.20)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($9.65)</font>
<font color="#C00000">SB ($12.60)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB ($5.50)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1</font>, BB calls $0.90, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.3</font>, SB calls $2.30, BB calls $2.30.

Flop: ($9.90) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $9.90

How should I proceed? Bet all-in or wait to turn and cc/shove? Also,what handrange do you put villains on?

corsakh
01-01-2007, 07:23 AM
This is 4bet /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2nd reraise preflop I like to $4.0-4.5. It better defines your hand and the hands of your opponents, helps to make it heads up on the flop. You should not be afraid to bet the flop, they have all sorts of rubbish. Last time I was in a similar situation, villains showed 88 and 25. 25 hit a straight on the river, because of an Ace on the board I checked the flop.

Sir Winalot
01-01-2007, 07:24 AM
You're beat here way too often, check behind. I would probably fold to most bets on turn-river.

munkey
01-01-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't 4bet QQ preflop despite his 3bet minraise but then I play 3bet pots with more holdings and 4bet very little.

Checking flop is good -if checked to I may bet the turn (to see river showdown)or call a smalish bet from lower PP but that's a horrible flop for you and I'm folding to any decent betting.
Given your 4bet I think a turn bet may win it if checked to.

corsakh
01-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Its not gonna get checked on the turn.

Frosteater
01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd push and take down the pot.
The flop looks horrible at first glance. But the more I think about it, the more I like it.
You're on the button and your opponents both acted weak. Sure, they might slowplay a better hand than you have. But there are draws on the flop and I wouldn't want my opponents to get a free card and draw me out, so I don't think you're up against a really strong hand. Considering the preflop action and the cards on the flop I'd put them on pocket pairs - at best. 99 for BB and KK for SB.
On a flop like this I'd fold to a bet in an instant. But I'm not afraid to abuse my position, either. Playing aggressive you might get a few hands out of the pot that would otherwise beat you. Even if someone calls, your hand isn't that bad. By checking you'd really show weakness and have to fold to the turn bet, that's probably inevitable.

Of course you might loose here, but I'd rather loose here than getting card-paranoid about what my opponents might have because of one single scare card on a flop that isn't that scary as a whole. After all, you want to play your opponents, not your cards, and this isn't a bad situation to show them, who's dominating the table. That said, in case you know one of your opponents loves to be tricky, find out for sure and then refuse to pay him off.

But that's just my thinking behind this. I'd shove and in the same moment expect to loose here. It's a tricky situation for me, too, so take that with a grain of salt.

eternal_
01-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Frosteater, I thought pretty much in same way that you did.
I shoved all-in,SB called me and BB folded. SB had KT of hearts and made his flush on river.