PDA

View Full Version : My Video Session - NL100 30 minutes

Minnie Man
12-31-2006, 10:58 PM
My first ever video with audio. I recorded a two-table NL100 session from FT. I didn't run across too many difficult decisions, but I would like to hear input on my thought process as I played hands.

Click here for video (http://www.zshare.net/video/mminnie_vid1-wmv.html)

SpecT
12-31-2006, 11:17 PM
downloading now....

SpecT
01-01-2007, 12:06 AM
its NL10 btw, not NL100
I don't raise KQ utg, but that's just coz im nitty. The flush hand on the paired board i would of bet out pot and folded to a raise because its very likely he has trips and will have to pay u off. There's not really that much i can comment on in this video, all pretty standard.

Your game is solid though, i'd say move up to nl25/nl50 if u want coz ud smash there. Nice quality on the vid aswell, you got a pro voice /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Minnie Man
01-01-2007, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its NL10 btw, not NL100

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh....shows you that I am somewhat of a newbie. Actually, just an oversight.

[ QUOTE ]
The flush hand on the paired board i would of bet out pot and folded to a raise because its very likely he has trips and will have to pay u off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know at what time this was in the video? For my sake and the forum's sake.

[ QUOTE ]
There's not really that much i can comment on in this video, all pretty standard. Your game is solid though, i'd say move up to nl25/nl50 if u want coz ud smash there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I am wondering. I am trying to manage my bankroll and not over extend myself. The thing I am questioning is my win rate.

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mygraphyp3.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mystatsqs0.jpg

I only have a 9K hand sample, but I think this is still kinda low to move up. No?

Don't know how to make the graphs/stats show. Win rate is 2.69 BB/100 in PT.

KEW
01-01-2007, 01:33 AM
Very good video!!!

I will not make any comment on hands just general..You seem to have a very good grasp for the game for a player at that level..You got good reads on the other players with out relying on PAHUD..This will and does help your game as you move up and play live..You have a very good understanding of position and how to play and exploit it..My favorite comments here was your play from the SB..Your reasoning for folding Ace rag is spot on IMO..To many SSNL bleed needless money from the SB with hand like this..You also seem to have good emotional control ie..tilt avoidance..This is another strong characteristic of a winning player...

IMHO..You are ready to move up and should move up if you have the bankroll..If you do not have the bankroll now I am confident that you will in a short time..

Minnie Man
01-01-2007, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very good video!!!

I will not make any comment on hands just general..You seem to have a very good grasp for the game for a player at that level..You got good reads on the other players with out relying on PAHUD..This will and does help your game as you move up and play live..You have a very good understanding of position and how to play and exploit it..My favorite comments here was your play from the SB..Your reasoning for folding Ace rag is spot on IMO..To many SSNL bleed needless money from the SB with hand like this..You also seem to have good emotional control ie..tilt avoidance..This is another strong characteristic of a winning player...

IMHO..You are ready to move up and should move up if you have the bankroll..If you do not have the bankroll now I am confident that you will in a short time..

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Thanks for the vote of confidence. You had many good things to say, and I appreciate the kind words. I do win consistently, but I rarely (or so it seems) rake in the big wins. I see the LAGs leaving with 3x buy-ins often. I know, TAG is much better in the long run.

This video did not have any really difficult decisions. I would appreciate any further comments from others. I will try and post another video soon with some more troubling hands. This video seemed to be a very "easy" one.

FYI: I don't have the buy-in for a higher limit yet. On FT I just deposited $100 and on Stars I have about $300. I have been dabbling with NL25 on Stars with some success. I just want to be "bankroll" careful.

SpecT
01-01-2007, 03:59 AM
$400 BR, you should definately be taking shots at NL25, give urself a 4 buyin shot, so u play NL25 until u have $300 or less in ur broll, than just move back down and grind out til u have $400 again. Rinse and repeat. Your first shot may not work (I often have to take 2-3 shots before i move up) but you have a very good grasp of the fundamentals so u'll be a definite winner at NL25, you'll just have to get used to the higher amounts and variance.

Minnie Man
01-01-2007, 09:02 PM
253 downloads of my video. Only 1 person commenting? Humph.

I am planning to make another video in the next couple of days. I will three table in the next video. I will specifically point out hands that I am unsure of my play. Thanks again for everyone being interested in the video.

corsakh
01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Its the most solid amateur video of uNL I've seen. Perhaps not many people around this board can point out many leaks. The KQ was already mentioned and what you did wrong you explained it yourself during the video. Get into NL25, record another video and post it in SSNL. Maybe they will be able to help.

PS Playing like this you should be easily beating the game 8ptbb/100. Your poor results must be just variance unless there is something seriously wrong that was not reflected in this session.

JackA
01-01-2007, 09:14 PM
I downloaded it, watched it, liked it. I don't have many comments since your play seemed pretty solid. Table seemed pretty passive and the stacks were short. I think you played pretty well.

I will definitely watch your next video, although I thought two tabling was fine. I've watched videos of people 4-tabling and I have some trouble following all the action. 3 tables might be the sweet spot though. Either way looking forward to the next one.

Spartak
01-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Maybe at these limits playing a bit tighter is a better approach simply because as you said there is no fold equity.

Things like raising J9 after limpers, you basically need to hit the flop because continuation bet bluffs are pretty useless even heads up most of the time.
Focusing on more hands with showdown value helped me at 10NL and save raising hands like J9,JT etc on button for the higher limits.

Minnie Man
01-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Now that is more like it!!!

New video....coming soon. There are definitely leaks in my game. I will make sure the next one has some more difficult decisions.

PS> Was the quality of the video/audio okay?

Lifthanger
01-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I really liked it and am looking forward to your next video!

quality was good enough IMHO.

RussianBear
01-02-2007, 02:48 AM
How is $0.05/$0.10 NL100? Am I missing something?

Prodigy54321
01-02-2007, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How is $0.05/$0.10 NL100? Am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

the ability to read 2 posts into the thread

minnie, nice video, looking forward to the next one

Bort99
01-02-2007, 04:26 AM
I'd like to watch and comment. Any chance you could post it on Youtube or Google Video, or convert it into a quicktime or avi format? Many of these screen capture videos end up in the one WMV codec that Mac users can't use at all.

Oranzith
01-02-2007, 04:34 AM
im too tired to focus on the cards in your video. good sign i shouldnt be playing right now

Minnie Man
01-02-2007, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to watch and comment. Any chance you could post it on Youtube or Google Video, or convert it into a quicktime or avi format? Many of these screen capture videos end up in the one WMV codec that Mac users can't use at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the avi but it comes out way too big (> 200meg). I tried messing with different codecs and compression settings, but I always get a huge file. I will look at a different format next time.

There is a Windows Media player for Mac OS X.

bozzer
01-02-2007, 05:14 AM
Great video. Quality was excellent (although I had to squint a bit to see the bet sizes, that's just cos I have a small laptop monitor), commentry good.

It was good to see a 10NL video (I play '6'NL), and your discussion about limpers, lack of FE etc. Don't be in a hurry to make a 25NL video!!

It was particularly enjoyable listening to you trying to not tilt. Nice stuff.

A few thoughts on hands:

I was suprised you felt able to value-bet Q7. You must have been pretty sure he wasn't check-calling with a low pair. I'd normally gratefully check behind there, but your move would be the better play if he only rarely has a pair.

I'm interested you folded hands like A8o in the small blind with a couple of limpers in the hand. Easily worth half a bet IMO: I would back you to get away from your TP if it's dominated much more often than your oppenents will (and they are much more likely to limp with A6 than AJ).

I think the cautious style is something I need to continue to work on, but there was one hand where I thought you were a little too nervous - you flopped TPTK (A8) HU as the PFR on a 78x flop, were checked to, and you were worried about 78. Maybe you were just going through the thought process for the microphone, but if I have TPTK in that situation I bet first and ask questions later.

Looking forward to the future videos; I'm getting addicted to these things...

Post a link to this thread on the videos thread?

Panic__NL
01-02-2007, 05:58 AM
First post here............

I liked the video very much, very good analyses of ur oponents, and a good explanation for every decision. I loved ur comment on the K8?? caller, the frustration of his preflop call to ur decent raise is just very familiar.

Quality of the video was also perfect, I even had to tone it down a bit when u turned up the volume.

The game was pretty standard, but your conclusion that you did not have any hard decisions because u played so solid made very good sense. The hard decision come when u play weak hands and need good handreading ability to make a decision.
The only hard decision you made was about the 9Qs hand on teh button. But ur handreading helped you out there.
It was a very good video for me, cause I ahve about the same style of play. Patience and the ability to wait for a better spot, like u mention in the vid, are of great importance. This vid just encourage me to keep playin my own game.

Thanks for sharing.

Bort99
01-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Right, there is a windows media player, but it doesn't support this particular codec (I forget the name). Anyway, virtually any other format should work. If it's convenient to run the next one in a different format, that'd be great.

Wolfram
01-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Hey MM. Very nice video. You clearly have a good understanding off the game.

One thing I'd suggest for you is to try to stop being so annoyed at what cards your opponents are playing. Sure, it gets on your nerves when you fold and fold and fold to wait for the right hand and then lose to some calling station who plays every hand. But you have to get over that, and just view every single hand as an isolated logical decision.

You seem to be befuddled by how they "can not fold a hand". You have to try to understand their thought process, and then find a way to exploit it. You actually did mention something along those lines during the video. Basically, bluff less and value bet the smithereens out of your big hands.

The biggest mistake that most TAG players make when starting out is justifying their opponents bad calls by not being able to get away from their carefully selected hands when they're obviously beat. I'm not saying you ever did that during the session, but being annoyed at your opponent leads to bad decisions and very often you'll trap yourself into calling or making frustration pushes when you shouldn't.

Another mistake is assuming that they think about the hand like you would. I'm very guilty of this myself. I've often raised preflop with KK, flop has an Ace, donkey donks out, and I raise out of frustration and because he has to put me on AK and can't call with Ace-rag. But wouldn't you know it... he calls anyways.

Minnie Man
01-02-2007, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Post a link to this thread on the videos thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the video thread?

bozzer
01-02-2007, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the video thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

It's here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post7503041 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7503041&an=0&page=0#Post 7503041)

JackA
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look for the WMV plug-in for QuickTime made by Flip4Mac: http://www.flip4mac.com/
Direct Microsoft Link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/wmcomponents.mspx

One problem with this plug-in is that it does not support the MSS2 codec that some WMV videos use. Indeed, Video Lan Client doesn't always work with MSS2 either. The only really reliable player for MSS2 encoded WMVs is Windows Media Player.

Fortunately, you can use different codecs when making a WMV in Camtasia. I use the default selection which appears to be WMV3 and that appears very compatiable as it works in VLC and others.

Windows Media Video 9 Screen = MSS2 I believe

Windows Media Video 9 = WMV3

wingchunflush
01-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Video was good. Kind of hard the see bet and pot amounts even on the highest resolution. I didnt download I watched on the website. What did you use to make the video?

Minnie Man
01-03-2007, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Video was good. Kind of hard the see bet and pot amounts even on the highest resolution. I didnt download I watched on the website. What did you use to make the video?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I made a second video and I am now trying to get the best resolution down keeping the file size in mind. I can get a really clear video but it is 220meg.

I used Camtasia.

thetruest
02-03-2007, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't know how to make the graphs/stats show. Win rate is 2.69 BB/100 in PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

2.69 PTBB?

zeroclan
02-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Very nice Video !!

zeroclan
02-04-2007, 11:18 AM
One Q, what poker tool do you use ?
Thanks in advance for the answer

Minnie Man
03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I use PAHUD, Poker Tracker, and Camtasia.