PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - Lead a flopped set here?

Fazz86
12-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Sorry for a bad HH format but im not sure how to get them off of Bodog in a decent copy and paste format. Anyways, I had a conversation with my friend over this hand and he says I should lead out the flop possibly push on the flop. I feel I made a good play play. Please comment Thanks

50 NL. 10 Handed.
Hero & Villian has $60 stacks

Hero with AhQh.

PF
Folded to Hero raises to 2.00. 4 Folds. Villian raises on the button to 6.00.

Hero calls

Flop (Pot = 15)
9dAsAd

Hero checks. Villian bets 4.00. Hero calls

Turn (Pot = 23)
Tc

Hero bets 10. Villian Raises to 20. Hero Pushes for 40.95 more. Villian Calls

Obviously I wouldnt be posting this hand If i won but im mostly concerned about the flop play. I feel that If i pushed or bet the pot the only hands that are calling are a majority of the ones that beat me. Thanks

dankus
12-31-2006, 08:24 PM
Any reads on villain?

Your position sucks in this hand.

There are only two hands that I fear once you get to the turn, KdQd and AK, and the possibility of the opponent having 99 and TT are in the back of mind, but there nonetheless. If you are going to lead into the turn, make it more because the board just added some draws, but I'd consider checking and getting the opponent to bet.

Check-call the turn and river if you can. This may be too nitty for most though.

21SuicideKing21
12-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Yes I agree with the fact that you dont have very good position but you also have to fear only two hands that beat you, and so while you got your whole stack in and called with a very strong hand I guess you did your job. But Im curious if this was heads up or just a 6 handed game because you might be able to reraise him preflop with that hand trying to throw him off a couple of hands and also you regain the the advantage in the hand.

Thrahl
12-31-2006, 08:58 PM
Fold PF to the 3bet. What hand in villains range is AQ ahead of ?

BallinBruha
12-31-2006, 10:34 PM
i hope your seriously joking with saying fold PF. He has a monster hand in excellent position. I 4 bet this flop sometimes depending on the villain. I definitley bet out on this flop 100% of the time. I also lead the turn. My thought on leading the flop is that he may be drawing to a diamond flush. POOOOSH all the way

Fazz86
12-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Im sorry i was in MP. 4 folded before me not after.

wingchunflush
12-31-2006, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i hope your seriously joking with saying fold PF. He has a monster hand in excellent position. I 4 bet this flop sometimes depending on the villain. I definitley bet out on this flop 100% of the time. I also lead the turn. My thought on leading the flop is that he may be drawing to a diamond flush. POOOOSH all the way

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope your joking...he is out of position with a hand that is probably beat

emon87
12-31-2006, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is first excellent position /images/graemlins/confused.gif

OP:

No reads on villian? I'm getting my stack in there, although I'm not gonna be surprised to see AK.

On second thought, how do people feel about calling down? (Possibly calling all in if villain shoves)? I think this gets him to go in with hands we beat, where he won't if we actually push.

BallinBruha
12-31-2006, 11:31 PM
my bad guys, thought it said hero was on the button. Misread. My mistake. Probably is just a call then out of position.

Chomp
12-31-2006, 11:41 PM
I think I'm looking to get a cheap showdown from flop.

I mean, we're not getting paid off big by any non-A hand we beat, so why bloat up the pot when the only hands calling us are probably ahead of us?

His $4 flop bet says either very weak or very strong, so I see little benefit in betting or raising flop as any strenght from us instafolds the hands we beat.

Alternatively, if we c/c flop and turn, we may well induce bluffs from good PP's/whiffs. And as there is absolutely no chance he is betting 3 (even 2) streets with a worse hand here, we know when/if the huge turn or river bet does come that our AQ is ng (unless he has, AJ or is capable of raising A-rag OTB)

As horribly passive as that all sounds, I can't see where a bet does us any good.

Pf I think a fold is standard, although I call it often because of my location.

Fazz86
01-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Results: Villian Had JJ and ended up rivering a J winning with a full boat. I feel this is a good hand to post but the results all of a sudden turn this into a BB post.

TheCutter
01-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Just FYI: You did not flop a set, you flopped trips.

corsakh
01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF to the 3bet. What hand in villains range is AQ ahead of ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do not listen to this.

corsakh
01-01-2007, 07:38 PM
The villain made a tiny bet. Reraise flop. Its a raised pot, good enough to take as it is. He either has an ace or he does not. Why is it every time someone tryes to get tricky, especially OOP, they end up loosing? /images/graemlins/smile.gif