PDA

View Full Version : 2007 FTP Micro NLHE 6max Challenge $250+ To Winner

Isles
12-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Just a little motivational fun for 2007 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm putting up $250 that I win more than anyone else in Micro NLHE on Full Tilt for 2007.

If anyone beats my winnings, they get the $250 plus the rest of the prize pool.

There are a few stipulations:

1- It will cost $5 to join the challenge.

(At the end of the year I doubt anyone will risk not paying a lousy $5 to keep their reputation.)

2- You need to be a Micro NLHE regular player, no SSNLHE’rs or MSHNLE'rs allowed.

If you have been posting hands in SSNLHE or MSNLHE, or you are a regular in those forums, you cannot qualify.

To clarify my own position, I have played a couple of thousand hands of 200NL in the past, but it was over a year ago.

In the past year I have only played 50NL and below, except for less than 150 hands of 100NL.

I have not played any other poker at all.

So I do not have any advantage over anyone else in this forum in terms of limits.

Anyone with hands on FT will be able to verify my limits if enough people apply and screen names are revealed.

3- You cannot play higher than 50NL until February 1st, and not higher than 100NL until March 1st.

If you play a few hands of a higher limit that's fine, but they won't count towards your hand total, and if you are playing a lot of the higher limit, your qualification will be suspect.

4- You cannot count more hands per month, from March 1st on, then January and February combined.

For example, if you played 15k hands in Jan, 25k hands in Feb, then for future months you cannot count more than 40k hands per month.

This is hopefully to prevent anyone from just sliding through the first two months and then running away after March at 200NL and above.

If you play more hands in future months, you must submit ALL of your hands, and only the first 40k will count.

5- This challenge is for 6max only, not full ring.

6- Short handed play (3 players or less), cannot count for more than 20% of your total hands.

This is a 6max challenge, not a HU or whatever else challenge. Some short handed is expected and fine.

7- You need to post the Full Tilt screen name you are going to play under by Jan 15th, that is the only SN that will qualify.

8- Only the first 60k hands of each month will count.

Sorry, but this is to prevent a bunch of people from ganging an account.

If you play more than 60k hands, you must submit ALL of your hands, and only the first 60k will count.

9- You need to post your results as a graph once a month.

10- At the end of the year the winner will need to submit their hands for verification.

The only exception to this is if the winner is a clear favorite for people data mining, then there is no need to submit hands for verification.

11- If the winner does submit a db and losing hands are missing, they are disqualified.

To clarify, this is to prevent anyone from selectively removing hands.

People will be datamining, and if they find hands where the winner loses big, and they are not in the submitted hands at the end of the year, they are automatically disqualified.

If this happens, 2nd runner up wins, etc.

The winner can upload their hands or post to a third party for verification if they are concerned that someone is going to claim they removed hands when they did not.

12- At least 20 people need to sign up by January 15th or the challenge is off.

If you don’t want to post your FT SN until you know there are enough people, just say you are in, once we know there are enough, we will post.

13- If someone comes up with a good stipulation I have left out by Jan 5th, it can be implemented, after that, no changes.

14- If I win, second highest gets $150, third highest gets $100.

This challenge is only on FTP because the single site will be easy to mine and keep people honest.

emon87
12-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Thoughts: Too structured/too many rules. Also, basing it on results is a good way to tilt, I have found. Maybe base it on hands. Because more hands = more money.

But good luck with it!

Isles
12-31-2006, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too structured/too many rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rules are a PITA, but it prevents gray areas in the future.

If there is any specific rule everyone wants to modify, it is up for discussion.

Onaflag
12-31-2006, 08:17 PM
I play on Stars, but if I didn't, it seems it would cost more for my lawyer to look over the contract than it would be worth in potential winnings. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Onaflag..........

SpecT
12-31-2006, 11:20 PM
playin uNL for a year to potentially win $300... i'm out

orange
12-31-2006, 11:22 PM
uNL for a year for $300 lol.

corsakh
01-01-2007, 03:45 AM
How about a challenge who can get more by the end of the year with a $100 deposit? All styles, any style.

KEW
01-01-2007, 04:02 AM
I never see this getting off..Maybe if you break it down to several groups based on hands per month and limit they play ..Many players can not plays 12 tables or even come close to 40K hands a month..Also a year is an eternity..Perhabs a series of 2 month challenges with group break down of 5K hands per month..

Great idea by the way..Just think it needs some tinkering..

shoxbb6
01-01-2007, 05:06 AM
If you make it a $200 initial deposit, I'm down for it.
I already tilted away a deposit I made like a week ago, so I'm down for a prop bet.

Sir Winalot
01-01-2007, 05:44 AM
So basically this is a $250 guaranteed prize tournament with a 5$ buy-in that will last for a year? Yikes, donkaments.

munkey
01-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I'll much rather spend my 5$ in a lorez riggament -more fun from what I've heard.