PDA

View Full Version : Is this a hole?

littlefalcon
12-31-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm not sure exactly how to interpret some numbers I found looking at my Poker Tracker stats from the last three days and was wondering if anyone knew exactly what they meant. Look at the two columns that show the money I've won from the SB and BB with and without the blinds included... these are such vastly different numbers and I guess I'm not 100% certain what I'm looking at or what it's supposed to tell me. Is this a hole in my game? Is this saying I'm giving up too much money from the blinds? Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

http://libertyboyssoccer.com/images/question.jpg

Onaflag
12-31-2006, 09:28 PM
There is no way to tell over 1300 hands. You need to look at individual hands to see if you played the situation correctly or not. Post one where you think you spewed chips. Someone will tell you what you did wrong.

Fix your leaks and the stats will fall into place.

Follow Pokey's PokerTracker (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4946669&page=0&fpart=1&v c=1) advice in this classic gem. #4 deals with blind defense.

Onaflag............

_TKO_
12-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Blinds have a negative expectation.

emon87
12-31-2006, 09:41 PM
multiply the hands by 20 and then consider looking at those

littlefalcon
12-31-2006, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fix your leaks and the stats will fall into place.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm asking what those stats are supposed to look like though? Shouldn't the stats tell me if I have a leak? Then I can go fix it. I checked out the poker tracker advice and the numbers looked OK. I guess I was looking for an explanation of those numbers in the graphic, but perhaps those are just too raw to really interpret.

[ QUOTE ]
multiply the hands by 20 and then consider looking at those

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's not very many hands, I was just wondering how to interpet the numbers.

emon87
12-31-2006, 11:04 PM
there is nothing meaningful to come out of these numbers.

Jack Bando
12-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Read Pokey's PT post. (Link in earlier post)

But at this point, the hands played are too low to make good views. If a QB in football throws 20 passes for 12 completions, we can't figure out if he's the next Manning or Ryan Leaf. It's too soon.

Post some hands you lost/won big, and the board will say what's up.

Good luck.

Chomp
12-31-2006, 11:11 PM
There are too few hands for this to be truly meaningful, but still one stat jumps out: your VPIP numbers from each seat are a bit all over the place.

Your VPIP should be highest on the button, descending down as you move around to seat 6.

This could easily be the result of stasistical anomolies over such a small sample size, but it seems to me you need to sort out your positional play. For example, you played the same number of hands OTB as in seat 5. This is something you really need to get on top of: far, far more important than your win/loss rate from the blinds.

KEW
12-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Nothing can be gained from only 1,400 hands others then its looks like you ran goot..

littlefalcon
01-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Well, looking at it again, the previous column actually gives me more info. That's the amount that I put in just in blinds... so I was in the BB 183 times (multiply that by $.50) and I get a total of $91.75 that I was forced to spend as the big blind. But I only lost $46.95, so I "won back" $44.80, or basically half of that. I guess that's not too shabby.

And yes, I realize it's a small sample size! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
But thanks Chomp, to pointing out my small VPIP from the button. I realized that I'm not raising on the button on purpose! Sort of subconciously I've been afraid to because I assume people will think I'm full of s*** and will play more aggro against me making it harder to play. So I've been dumping a few hands here and there that I would have raised with a seat or two earlier just because I was afraid of the perception. I need to get over that fear and just play. Thanks.

orange
01-01-2007, 02:52 AM
try and raise your vpip from the button. and CO too.