PDA

View Full Version : success and failure

CallYNotRaise06
02-06-2006, 12:41 AM
This post is more for me to write this stuff down, so i have some way of writing out my thoughts. so if your bored, and got nothin to do, read it and tell me what you think.

In Gigabet's post, he talks about success and failure(sorry i dont have the link on hand, but its the article that got published in cardplayer.) Last night i went on the worst tilt imaginable. I didnt lost very much now that i look back, but the whole experience made me think alot. Gigabet talks about trying to understand how pointless these negative feelings are, and sothen your mind stops creating them.

Ive been doing this all wrong. I just ignore the feling and shove it into the back of my mind. All that does is build them up and turn into a raging tilt. I fully realize that last night i could have went broke. After losing 2 huge pots to runner runner and overplaying my pair of jacks, i just snapped. i blew up. It got to the point where i found myself saying the deadly words "I cant win". /images/graemlins/shocked.gif I thought the reason i was on tilt was because i was getting unlucky, but the more i look at it, the more i realize that it was out of fear of failing again.

Im really unsure of myself, and if im really a winning player or not. Ive had alot of winning months, and alot of losing months. More winning that losing, but still. I look at these guys like Gigabet, El Diablo, James 282, and alot more.. and try to figure out what theyre doing to be great players that im not. Am i truely getting unlucky or am i just making to many bad plays? I mean ultimately, my goal is to be better than all of these guys(i mean that in a good way, I really respect you guys and your play)To me, that would be the biggest accomplishment i could make in poker. Being able to beat the best.

I need to learn to control myself before i can become a better player. i need to trust myself better. ive seen way to many pots where im calling when i know im beat. again, its out of fear of being wrong. Theres always that "what if" that goes through my mind. What if im wrong, what if hes bluffing. Sometimes i get so many of these thoughts going that i cant see the answer is right infront of me. After reviewing some of my hands im thinking to myself " what was i doing, i just got checkraised by a rock and didnt fold"

Well im gonna start a small session right now and see how i do.