PDA

View Full Version : NFD in a multiwaypot

corsakh
12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
10 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.35
UTG+1: $7.15
UTG+2: $5.85
MP1: $4.92
Hero: $14.75
MP3: $4.30
CO: $1.70
Button: $2.65
SB: $33.25
BB: $10.03

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.7, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.4</font>, MP3 calls, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

I decide to make a small bet, mainly to disguise my flush draw and to see what I am up against. I think I should have bet 0.50 here. Please comment.

Turn: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.9, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

He's got .8 behind.
Should I have checked/called here?

If I checked the turn, and he bet $1 into me, and I called:
The river is blank.
I would check again. He'd go all in for 2.8 into 3.9 pot. Should I fold this against a shortstack?

lippy
12-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Flop: Pot-sized bet (unless you're normal c-bet is like 5/6th a PSB or something)

Turn: You have to bet this, TP + NFD + FE = good situation to win monies.

Your check behind, face a push... I fold getting &lt; 2:1 with a large portion of his range beating me.

corsakh
12-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Wait, I dont cbet here. Its a family pot.
On the turn I get 1.8 to 6.1. And I have lots of outs. If you add other aces to the equation, I'm 2 to 3.

Board: Qc 6s 7c Ad
equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 27.0228 % 24.75% 02.27% { Ac2c }
Hand 2: 72.9772 % 70.71% 02.27% { 77-66, A7s-A6s, 76s, A7o-A6o, 76o }

Genz
12-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Find another table. Too many shortstacks.

Tiny suited Aces like this play for the flush and maybe 2pair/trips. Preflop is ok, when the table is loose and you can expect to win a big pot if you hit your flush, without investing much preflop. The problem here are the short stacks, a little. This makes playing speculative hands less profitable.

I don't bet the flop here, because there is almost no chance that all 6 opponents will fold. Stronger hands probably just call and you still don't know what you are up against.
On the turn with only one card to come you are not getting great odds and he has too little money behind. So drawing at your flush is of little value. You have no kicker at all. I don't think you have so many outs, actually. Your flush, mostly. And you have no fold equity at all.

For your alternative play: I don't think that TP without a kicker is a strong enough holding to call a 2.8 bet in a 3.9 pot. The average winning hand is 2pair. Don't overestimate TPs against unknown opponents, especially when you haven't got any kicker.

corsakh
12-29-2006, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Find another table. Too many shortstacks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally agree. I was about to leave.

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is ok The problem here are the short stacks, a little. This makes playing speculative hands less profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point, noted.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't bet the flop here, because there is almost no chance that all 6 opponents will fold. Stronger hands probably just call and you still don't know what you are up against.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to fold them. Rather disguise my hand and build a big pot for a little investment. I almost tripled the pot for the price of 40c.

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn with only one card to come you are not getting great odds and he has too little money behind. So drawing at your flush is of little value. You have no kicker at all. I don't think you have so many outs, actually. Your flush, mostly. And you have no fold equity at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes realistic range may be 77, 66, 76, A6, A7.

Against pockets I only have 9 outs, thats correct.
Against 76 I have 8 (flush) + 2 (aces) + 3 (deuces) + 3 (queens) = 16 outs
Against A7 - 9 + 3 = 12
Against A6 - 8 + 3 + 3 = 14
Against any other Ace - loads of outs.
Getting 1.8 to 6.1 odds I have to call, pokerstove details are above.

Realisticly, provided he is not a moron, I can only put him on A6s or A7s, otherwise he had already effectively butchered his hand by not reraising on the flop. But calling on the flop like this with A6s or A7s does not make much sense either, so I'm lost.