PDA

View Full Version : Flopped 2 pair, turned FH and I play like a girl

Sir Winalot
12-29-2006, 10:02 AM
I've been 2 orbits at the table, no reads.

20NL at iPoker network

SB ($20.93)
Hero ($21.15)
UTG ($20)
CO ($5.35)
Button ($19.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, UTG posts BB
UTG checks, CO folds, Button raises to $0.4, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls

Flop: K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.3)
check-check, Button bets $0.67, Hero calls, UTG folds

<font color="blue"> Flopped 2 pair, but I'm loosing to AA,KK,TT,AT,QJ and AQ/AJ have outs against me. I'm just gonna c/c this even with all the draws out there. </font>

Turn: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.64)
Hero checks, Button checks

<font color="blue"> Yay, full house. C/r... doh, he checks behind. </font>

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif($2.64)
Hero bets $1.6, Button raises to $6.4, Hero calls

<font color="blue"> I made a smallish v-bet so that he can call with his Ax or whatever, and get raised. At this point I'm quite worried about AA/KK, maybe AT too. I don't think hell call a shove with worse hands and I don't feel like folding a boat. I hope he'll do this enough with some worse hands. </font>

Any thoughts? Especially on the flop.

CobraGoat
12-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Its a button raise.

Lead this flop.

Lead turn. I am worried about the turn check followed by the river RR but i call quickly on river.

Javanewt
12-29-2006, 10:12 AM
I would have pushed on the river. Very hard to believe he has a better fh. Possible, but doubtful. And that would be just bad luck. He probably thinks you have a busted FD or an A with a weak kicker.

I had a fh last night, and I couldn't get an extra dime:(

Route66
12-29-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't mind c/c on flop if you think the PFR means a hand like AA/KK/AK, all of which you're behind... but it looks like a min raise from the button after nobody has shown any strength, so I'd lead to protect against draws or get value from an A. I'd hate to see a big reraise there though. As played, I'm definitely leading turn just b/c I want to get some money in the pot. I want to shove river, but I play like a girl too and probably just call. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sir Winalot
12-29-2006, 10:38 AM
The thing that made me worry about a better hand was the minraise preflop, check when the board paired and suddenly facing a massive raise on the river by an unknown. IME unknowns at 20NL looooove to slowplay. Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

monkeymaps
12-29-2006, 10:45 AM
I bet this every street you could be beat on the flop but alot of unknowns min raise BTN with just about anything I want to build a big pot here.

Javanewt
12-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Forgot to add: I kind of resent the "I play like a girl." /images/graemlins/wink.gif However, if that's how you think girls play, more power to me.

Route66
12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I know results are irrelevant, but I'm curious now... did villain show 22? Some players like to min raise PF with small PPs so the pot will be bigger those times they flop a set. It's checked to him on the flop so he makes a 1/2 pot c-bet. When that doesn't take it down he checks behind on turn. Then lightning strikes on the river and he makes deuces full and puts in a big raise. IDK, maybe I'm overthinking it too.

Jigsaws
12-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Preflop is kind of marginal, though I can't fold to minraises either. I'd lead flop &amp; turn, push river.

Genz
12-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I like OP's thinking. Villain could easily be bluffing with a busted flushdraw but he won't call a push with it. He could be holding some pair that he overvalues or something like JT. But he probably only calls a push if he has us beat (except JT, maybe).
But I bet this turn for value. A flushdraw/straightdraw is too likely to check behind and won't pay you off.