PDA

View Full Version : KK 25nl 6max

Big Poppa Smurf
12-29-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm playing one table without a hud or anything, but here is what I know about villain:

1) he is 2+2'er, he knows I'm 2+2
2) he's overseas somewhere so he's not some 5am degenerate like me
3) he 3bet me with AQo earlier, checked a K63 rainbow flop in position, checked the K turn, and bet about 4/5ths of the pot when a 7 rivered, I called him with 55 so MHIG.

Basically on the flop the only hands I can put him on that have me beat are 77, JT, 9T, less likely hands with tens, flush draws, and probably lots of small pairs and air type hands. So I thought for a little while (long enough to be noticeable probably) and decide to call. Then I check the turn and he pots, does this sufficiently narrow his range enough for me to fold?

So two big questions: is the flop play ok? should I be folding the turn?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $49.8
Hero (MP): $42.15
CO: $34.60
BTN: $32.75
SB: $20.6

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.35, 5 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.85, SB folds, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.05, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $5.50</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($13.05, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $13.05</font>,

Klompy
12-29-2006, 06:10 AM
I'd fold to the turn bet, or maybe even the flop bet given how passive he was on the flop and turn in the previous hand.

Big Poppa Smurf
12-29-2006, 06:47 AM
what do you think of the range I put him on on the flop? Do you feel like a strong hand like a boat or trips would pot the turn?

blackize
12-29-2006, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Do you feel like a strong hand like a boat or trips would pot the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful

Genz
12-29-2006, 07:09 AM
You history sais, that he doesn't try to take down pots with air often and he has seen you call with a small pair on a paired board with overcards previously. So he is more likely to see you as a calling-station. And if he is knowledgeable, he will adjust in the way that he value bets you, but doesn't try to push you off a hand. This makes it more likely that he has caught a good part of the flop. You will probably face an all-in bet on the river. So you have bad reverse implied odds if your kings are good. There are a lot of cards that will give you a headache. I fold the turn here.

Genz
12-29-2006, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what do you think of the range I put him on on the flop? Do you feel like a strong hand like a boat or trips would pot the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is 2p2 and follows the usual advice given here to play trips etc., he will pot the flop and turn and push the river, thinking: if he folds, there was no value to gain anyway.

blackize
12-29-2006, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You history sais, that he doesn't try to take down pots with air often and he has seen you call with a small pair on a paired board with overcards previously. So he is more likely to see you as a calling-station.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a 25nl player. He isn't changing his value betting or thinking that deeply about previous hands.

Big Poppa Smurf
12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you feel like a strong hand like a boat or trips would pot the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful

[/ QUOTE ]

this was my thinking as well, especially since i took some time to call the flop, it looked like he was just trying to take it down.

anyways i decided to cr-ai here and he had jto, but i play the river good