PDA

View Full Version : Join in: 2+2 Cap NL game

Pokey
12-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Full Tilt
$0.05/$0.10
Cap NL
"Island Dreams"

The cap means you can't lose more than $3 per hand, so come join in the festivities before I go to sleep.

Pokey
12-29-2006, 04:20 AM
Fun game. It lasted three hours, and a good time was had by most.

A few general comments for people:

1. I'm AMAZED to see how angry people get when a 90/85 preflop pushbot sucks out on them a few times. The guy stumbles in, drops over ten buyins in half an hour, and people are BERATING AND MOCKING HIM?? Never mind that he's a 2+2er and we need to be respectful to each other; it's just very bad policy to try and chase off the biggest donator at the table. Whining and attacking may feel good but it's about the most -EV thing you can do. Swear loudly at your monitor if you must, but don't type out the insults. Again, I'm not saying it made a difference tonight, since the 2+2er was just amused by it all; I AM saying that it's a very bad habit to form, and you need to avoid it at all costs if you want to keep up a strong winrate.

2. Seriously: DON'T PLAY POKER WHEN YOU'RE TILTING SIDEWAYS. When you're furious about bad beats and desperate to "win back your money," there's virtually no chance you'll actually play winning poker. Take a break -- an hour, a day, a week, a month, whatever is necessary. Read a book, watch a movie, hang out with friends, go out to dinner, avoid poker like the plague. Rebuild your proper frame of mind. The winning poker player cares about winning but doesn't care about the money. If you play completely recklessly you will lose cash in the long run, but if you play while you care about the money you'll also lose in the long run. In order to make good decisions you must think logically, and you can't do that when your mind is filled with anger and frustration.

ajmargarine
12-29-2006, 04:30 AM
Dang I missed this. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'm due for a cashout and I could have used a 2p2 game to blow money in to take care of the cashout curse period.

Pokey
12-29-2006, 04:31 AM
Lil' bit o' humor:

After we left, the table evaporated in about three minutes (as usual -- you pull $10k off the table and people lose interest).

One of the donks made the following remarks after we left:

[ QUOTE ]

use2blakerfan: those guys all play together and communicate through messengers
use2blakerfan: they try to run people
use2blakerfan: they have been here 4 hours with me
use2blakerfan: then they all left at once

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang...we just got outed as the $0.05/$0.10 cap-NL angle-shooting rounders that we are! I didn't think he'd notice....

ajmargarine
12-29-2006, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Lil' bit o' humor:

After we left, the table evaporated in about three minutes (as usual -- you pull $10k off the table and people lose interest).

One of the donks made the following remarks after we left:

[ QUOTE ]

use2blakerfan: those guys all play together and communicate through messengers
use2blakerfan: they try to run people
use2blakerfan: they have been here 4 hours with me
use2blakerfan: then they all left at once

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang...we just got outed as the $0.05/$0.10 cap-NL angle-shooting rounders that we are! I didn't think he'd notice....

[/ QUOTE ]

Phew. Glad I didn't play then. You guys will all have your account froze during the FT collusion investigation. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Perk76
12-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Damn I was stuck on a table and missed this..woulda been fun....I got to remember to look at 2+2 during play, rather than just on work time.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif