PDA

View Full Version : $25NL 6m - so I slowplay my flopped set with AA...

Prodigy54321
12-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Pro-diggidy: $27.55
UTG+1: $31.70
CO: $2.40
Button: $25.55
SB: $43.35
BB: $33.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Pro-diggidy is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Pro-diggidy raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, BB calls, Pro-diggidy calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($9.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Pro-diggidy raises to $15</font>, SB calls.

River: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($39.75, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Pro-diggidy is all-in $9.3</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $58.35

main villain is 19/12 (only over about 20 hands though..other guy is 59/12. I guessed that I could get more out of this hand by overcalling the flop bet...obviously this turn and river weren't the best possible cards to come out..but I think my line was good given the situation..right? wrong?...on the river, was my push best?...I would probably expect most villains to push if they had hit the straight...still, given his stats, I wouldn't expect him to have a ten here much of the time anyway...and he's callin with most hands he called the raise on the turn with..like 2 pair or something, right..

jonyy6788
12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
This is often 2pr or lower set....

tehDiceman
12-29-2006, 12:13 AM
he could also have overcard+10. J10 or perhaps Q10. J10 sounds more likely though as after the turn hitting the Q, he would have the straight and have no problem calling most bets you make. not quite sure what i think of his check on the river though, so maybe QJ is his holding and him pairing his second card makes him call.

i dont think he would be holding AQ or KQ since he bet fairly strong on the flop and then bet a little light on the turn IMO. i also dont see a hand like AJ or KJ coming out either as the check on the river wouldnt make sense for hitting a second pair, unless he was just scared of the straight, yet he calls.

im interested to hear what he did have to see if im close, still working on making reads. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Prodigy54321
12-29-2006, 12:26 AM
results and comments in white below:
<font color="white"> he had AQo...That's basically what I expected him to have...I was really only somewhat worried about the other guy having a straight draw since he has a high VP$P...with the main villain, the only hand I could really see him having there that beat me was AT....and with his river check, I was pretty sure he didn't have the T..and so I figured I would be getting called by either a lower set or a high 2 pair..I actually thought that AJ would be most likley of the 2 pair hands since he might have just called the turn raise with the A and straight draw planning to fold on the river if he didn't improve...I actually would have expected him to push over my turn raise with AK or AQ...nevertheless, I felt confident enough that I had him beat and he would call my river push enough to make it the right play...did you like the rest of the hand?..would you have just raised the flop or pushed the turn or something? </font>